+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021/22 promotion squad

True but kind of hoping we can get the players in that mean he does not have to. Was more hinting that we may need a further CM.

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Will Doyle really count next season? Think he will concentrate on coaching and pretty quickly become a back up player at most.
    We don't know how much he will pay tbh. I suspect a large factor in this will be how well the alternative CM options perform. If they step up and are effective he won't need to play much at all. If they don't, I suspect Old Man Doyle will play a fair bit.

One thing I do know is winning the midfield battle is key to promotion in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    True but kind of hoping we can get the players in that mean he does not have to. Was more hinting that we may need a further CM.
    In total agreement. Nothin against Doyle but time to move on from a Doyle, Reeves, O’Brien midfield and get some energy in there. Maybe we’ll see Ruben drop into a midfield trio to accommodate Roberts up top.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieNate View Post
    In total agreement. Nothin against Doyle but time to move on from a Doyle, Reeves, O’Brien midfield and get some energy in there. Maybe we’ll see Ruben drop into a midfield trio to accommodate Roberts up top.
    Yes, with no attacking wing-backs on the books yet, I'd prefer to see Ruben classified as a CM in this list, or in a new category of attacking-midfielder. As a player who can pick out a pass, we really need to have more than just Wootton ahead of him

If we are playing 3 at the back I see us very much playing something like England with 2 midfielders and then Roberts, Rodrigues supporting Wootton. More like a 3-4-2-1 if you'd like

Does look like that is probably going to be the base formation so far

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    If we are playing 3 at the back I see us very much playing something like England with 2 midfielders and then Roberts, Rodrigues supporting Wootton. More like a 3-4-2-1 if you'd like
    Slocombe
    Lacey - Rawlinson - Cameron
    Brindley - Other - Vincent - Chicksen
    Rodrigues - Roberts
    Wootton

Something like that?

Roberts and Rodrigues should give defenders nightmares- looking forward to the new season!

But it's got to be IB's version of 3 at the back rather than Southgate's. IB usually had at least 1 attacking WB and 1 holding midfielder. We couldn't rack up wins in the NL using what Southgate's plays - 5 defenders and 2 holding mids.

Slocombe
    Lacey - Rawlinson - Cameron
    Brindley - Other - Vincent - Chicksen
    Rodrigues - Roberts
    Wootton

Something like that?
    I'd say so

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast