+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2021/22 promotion squad

I would move Nemane to RWB and Brindley to CB in that, seems most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I would move Nemane to RWB and Brindley to CB in that, seems most likely.
    Yeah, Nemane to RWB and Brindley to CB

Going by the comments from IB (and it being my original thread!!!) I’m pulling rank and putting Nemane as RWB. Then to satisfy my ocd and keeping the squad list pretty and even I’ll put Brinds to CB. Obviously this isn’t footy manager, formations and player positions will be a lot more fluid and dynamic but I think the below gives us a decent idea of squad depth.

GK- Slocombe
    GK- Brooks
    GK-

R/WB- Nemane
    R/WB- Kelly-Evans

L/WB- Chicksen
    L/WB- Taylor

CB- Lacey
    CB- Rawlinson
    CB- Cameron
    CB- Brindley

CM- O’Brien
    CM- Doyle
    CM- Vincent
    CM- Taylor
    CM-

FWD- Wootton
    FWD- Rodrigues
    FWD- Roberts
    FWD- Knight
    FWD- Sam
    FWD- Palmer
    FWD-

I think we’re really close now. If we can make two statement signings in midfield and attack I’ll be more than happy with our business. COYP!

Looks about right. There’s a bit of additional depth in there (Chicksen can do centre back, sounds like Francis can do centre back or full back, Rodrigues can play midfield etc), but generally I think that’s about right.

Only thing is whether it’s worth separating out what I would call the forwards (Rodrigues, Roberts, Sam and Knight) from the strikers (Wootton, Palmer and a mystery new man).

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Corrected your squad. You had Taylor in twice, corrected to Francis in CM. Added Nemane to the forward line. If the rumour of Matt Palmer is true there’s another in CM. I’d like to see another central striker to cover Wootton and maybe one more option centre mid. Then I reckon we’re not far off with Doyle able to emergency cover CM, Chicksen and Brindley cover wide CB, Kean 3rd keeper?
    Doyle's also 3rd 'keeper now, Jake is down to 4th choice

Also, not seen it mentioned but … no loans. Hate seeing teams in lower league football going up and 5 or 6 of their best players being loaned in. IF our young squad can get us promoted, we’d have them contracted again for next season and be able to look straight away at improving an already successful squad rather than looking at replacing the outgoing players to even be at a similar level.

Think I’m getting carried away.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieNate View Post
    Also, not seen it mentioned but … no loans. Hate seeing teams in lower league football going up and 5 or 6 of their best players being loaned in. IF our young squad can get us promoted, we’d have them contracted again for next season and be able to look straight away at improving an already successful squad rather than looking at replacing the outgoing players to even be at a similar level.

I tend to agree. I think loans should ideally only be for two things - if you find someone outstanding whose quality you just wouldn’t be able to get permanently (Grealish, McGregor, Bola, Grant, Yates) or to plug a short term emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieNate View Post

I don't think you are. There is clearly a plan to build a young and hungry team which might be capable of growing together here at Notts. If we get promoted hopefully they will have developed under good coaching to the point where they are competitive in L2. If we don't go up they'll be better next year in the NL.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I don't think you are. There is clearly a plan to build a young and hungry team which might be capable of growing together here at Notts. If we get promoted hopefully they will have developed under good coaching to the point where they are competitive in L2. If we don't go up they'll be better next year in the NL.
    We’re really seeing the Reedz brother’s club model this year aren’t we? Albeit limited to UK based players, but young, stat based, contracted, potentially fee demanding players of the future. Seems odd to say consider our league status but this really is the most positive I’ve been about our clubs for as long as I can remember. We may not go up this year, 1 automatic spot means you can’t really demand promotion of your manager (first team coach) but we will go back up and we’ll be a much better run club when we do.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast