+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021/22 promotion squad

2021/22 promotion squad

GK- Slocombe
    GK- Brooks (offered contract)
    GK-

R/WB- Brindley
    R/WB- Kelly-Evans (offered contract)

L/WB- Chicksen
    L/WB-

CB- Lacey
    CB- Rawlinson
    CB-

CM- O’Brien (offered contract)
    CM- Doyle
    CM-
    CM-
    CM-

FWD- Wootton
    FWD- Rodrigues
    FWD- Roberts
    FWD- Knight
    FWD- Sam
    FWD- Palmer
    FWD-

I’ve based the above on us playing 352 / 433 / 4231 therefore classed players such as Roberts and Rodrigues as forwards. As others have said, centre midfield signings are going to make or break of our season
    Last edited by MagpieNate; 24-06-2021 at 02:21 PM.

Perfect, 22 man squad!

As others have said it's CM where we desperately need a couple more faces. Not sure we need a No.3 keeper if Brooks signs, a young athletic CB and one more forward to put pressure on Wootton.

IB said in one of the recent catch ups that he likes 3 keepers. Also (not that it means too much at the moment) that he’s hoping for about 6 players coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieNate View Post
    IB said in one of the recent catch ups that he likes 3 keepers. Also (not that it means too much at the moment) that he’s hoping for about 6 players coming in.
    Yeah saw that, I think the keepers remark was to do with always having keepers available for training? This is one thing I actually don't agree with him on. We have Jake Kean who can fill in at training, if we get hit with an injury to Slocombe either loan a keeper in or let Brooks have a go. Having 3 keepers and mostly never having one on the bench doesn't make a great deal of sense. That said you can guarantee we end up with two injured keepers nest season now I've said that!

I think that looks about right. Chicksen and Brindley I suspect are seen as much as centre back options as wing back ones in the back three.

There’s almost a category between midfielders and strikers that Roberts and Rodrigues (and Knight/Sam from what I’ve seen of them) probably fall into as well.

Doyle will be concentrating on the coaching side although registered as a player, if needed in an Emergency

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Doyle will be concentrating on the coaching side although registered as a player, if needed in an Emergency
    True but with O’Brien also get to resign leaving Doyle out of the list would give zero midfields currently employed

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieNate View Post
    True but with O’Brien also get to resign leaving Doyle out of the list would give zero midfields currently employed
    Scary isnt it
    2 midders in the books with a combined age of 75

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Scary isnt it
    2 midders in the books with a combined age of 75
    Yeah, glaring hole there.
    The Reeves thing was a blow - at least to have some continuity in an entire area of the team.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast