+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White smoke

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    True but that’s if we have zero ambition! Do you honestly think Brentford for example can’t see anything other than a return to the Championship!! No - they will invest - have positivity - keep finding gems of players which we can’t seem to find and have bags of ambition filtering down from a passionate owner who clearly loves the club! Wow - their supporters must be buzzing and have realistic dreams!

We should have gone up instead of the Vile! Look at them now - miles ahead of us - great players - investing - real buzz about the place.

Bit like M & S not investing in people or new product lines to stay ahead of the competition! We know what would happen if they didn’t!
    Yes Al that is why I said ‘unless things dramatically change I can’t see anything but an immediate return to the Championship’. Our club is one bad apple off the field and not in a great position on it.

Ambition yes, but as you have said yourself like Villa and Brentford we the supporters need to have realistic dreams. The way our business is run and set up realistic in my view does not include a concerted and successful stay in the Premier league.

FOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    At last it's sorted! A lot will now depend on recruitment. Looking at it coldly, we virtually need a whole new midfield. Sawyers and Livermore were found wanting in the Champioship let alone the Premiership and I wouldn't have thought they were Ismael type players, certainly not Sawyers. Harper looks like he's on his way to Ipswich. There are other areas that need strengthening but midfield is the major worry at the this moment in time.

Totally agree Leicester! The entire midfield needs replacing as you say and for god sake - a player like Gayle who actually puts the ball in the net!

I think this manager will be good but needs the backing through players! Grant and Diangana hopefully will come good!

A lot of negative comments so let's have a few positive ones.
    It's not Appleton.
    It's not McInnes.
    It's not a merry go round manager desperate for a job or after a last pay day and about to jump ship when things go wrong.
    It's not a player who people will think will do a good job because he was a player for us. We had enough of that with Don Howe, Brian Talbot, Bryan Robson and Darren Moore.
    It's a youngish manager who emphasises on high energy, high octane football.
    It might be direct but at least we will be spared the sight of Bartley trying to play it out like Beckenbaur.
    Any player's not committed or buying into the style of play will be quickly gone.
    He has left a club where he was well liked to take over one in a mess and has agreed to four years. He must have a point to prove.
    I think he will also have knowledge of up and coming player's from the continent.
    I don't think it's going to be boring.
    I am looking forward to him.

Good points, Des, I agree with most of what you say; whilst I welcome Ismael to the Hawthorns and wish him all the best, I would have been very happy with McInnes. Anyway, I just hope we have an entertaining season and also have the icing on the cake, seeing the back of the chinaman.

FOL

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    A lot of negative comments so let's have a few positive ones.
    It's not Appleton.
    It's not McInnes.
    It's not a merry go round manager desperate for a job or after a last pay day and about to jump ship when things go wrong.
    It's not a player who people will think will do a good job because he was a player for us. We had enough of that with Don Howe, Brian Talbot, Bryan Robson and Darren Moore.
    It's a youngish manager who emphasises on high energy, high octane football.
    It might be direct but at least we will be spared the sight of Bartley trying to play it out like Beckenbaur.
    Any player's not committed or buying into the style of play will be quickly gone.
    He has left a club where he was well liked to take over one in a mess and has agreed to four years. He must have a point to prove.
    I think he will also have knowledge of up and coming player's from the continent.
    I don't think it's going to be boring.
    I am looking forward to him.

Totally agree Des! To be honest it’s a good appointment as fitness is everything. I get the impression too - it’s play his way or no way at all!

I think he will do well and get the best out of Grant and Diangana! Let’s hope Sawyers and Livermore are on the way!

I doubt Sawyers and Livermore will be in the side, I think he will emphasise on fit and young. Sawyers plays too many sideways passes so that will be him gone.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    From not wanting him, I now feel that he may, just may be the right man to take us forward, we desperately need some energy in midfield, I’m sure he will fix that, my only worry is that if good results don’t immediately kick in and the football isn’t champagne then it won’t be long before the boos start! I’m hoping for a renaissance a new owner and consolidation, back to reality good luck Val you will need it!!
    I think a lot of us are of the same opinion. I admit I was one of those who didn't fancy him because of his reputation for direct football. Having said this, many of us have been saying how we lacked the energy and enthusiasm of other teams, both in the Championship and Premiership, so perhaps we need someone like him to make us a fitter outfit.

If you can have a listen to the latest Liquidator podcast hosted by Goldberg and Lepkowski they interview a Barnsley based sports journalist about Val, all positive stuff!

It’s certainly a fresh start ....which is probably what we need. Always thought we needed more energy in our midfield ....even in the Championship let alone the Prem. Hopefully he will gave some money to spend after the £30m we get for Johnstone and Pereira. I expect we will be competitive next season but whether we go up or not who knows. Probably the, best way of getting rid of our Chairman and Minime is if we get promoted.

FOL

Its hard to see a place for sawyers but there could definitely be a place for Livermore. He can be tenacious in midfield and with the new managers positivity and no messing approach we could see Livermore really shine. It is really hard to see sawyers get out of 2nd gear for anyone though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)