+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Club Is In A Bit Of Trouble

The Club Is In A Bit Of Trouble

The replacement for Val will have to be from the UK or a foreign coach already employed here .

Due to the new post brexit legislation neither Stendel , Struber or Val would be eligible to work here TODAY .

I'm afraid our recruiting pool has got extremely smaller .

The club are going to have their work cut out to attract a HC from the UK with impressive stats on high pressing with the win ratio to go with it .

They are going to have their work cut out to attract a suitable replacement with the model we operate with , the European HC is far more at ease with the way we operate as opposed to his UK counterpart .

I'm not suggesting it can't be done just more difficult .

I'd go down the route of having a look at some assistants to HC's here in the UK as my starting point and hope to god they work out better than Morais did .

I suspect trouble ahead for the club and this is compounded by our player recruitment also massively affected by the post brexit legislation .

Massive summer coming up for the club and they need to get this right or it could be a struggle next season .

The club has had a massive hit with the loss of Ismael.
    Next week there could be a further massive hit with the loss of Dane Murphy - who will currently be trying to sign existing players while also trying to encourage other players to sign for the club.

If Dane goes - he takes our recruitment strategy and player targets with him.
    The club is then in total turmoil.

However - we have the basics of a team that given the right HC should see us avoid relegation this coming season.
    But that’s far removed from the top 8 maybe top 4 that I was predicting just a few weeks ago.
    And probably Chien Lee has altered his prediction when he said the team will be stronger next season.
    It’s sickening and upsetting.

Im hoping murray as learned enough.if not swap him after about 10 games, can see styles or brittain going wba..

Don't be fooled about players leaving for the Baggies , they won't pay our asking price , decent club ?? Used to be ! It's a different world now unfortunately !