+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: First Signing - Remi Savage

First Signing - Remi Savage

Apperently we've signed a 19 year old CB from Liverpool.

Not been reported by the club yet but in the chronicle. . . so may or may not be true.

Remi Savage has said goodbye to Liverpool ahead of his switch to Newcastle United.

The Magpies have agreed a deal for the 19-year-old centre-back and the Merseyside-born defender is set to begin life with United for pre-season.

Having signed a three-year deal with United his new challenge is to push on and attempt to get into Steve Bruce's senior side.

After leaving Anfield, Savage, who won the FA Youth Cup with Liverpool, said: "I would just like to say a massive thank you to everyone at Liverpool for an unforgettable 13 years at the club.

"It has been a pleasure to work with all the staff, coaches and players.

"They have helped me grow into the person I am not only on the pitch but off it too.

"I have made so many memories along the way and I wish everyone at the club the very best in their future!"

Let's hope he's not a ball-playing CB like Lejeune or he'll be fucked off somewhere by Bruce.

We have a proven track record of these young players coming in, Then being released after a couple of seasons.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)