+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Elland Road redevelopment - any opinions or memories of the Old stands ?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    OK, at the risk of being labelled (something), I declare as being a Harley Davidson owner. I entirely agree with MT as to the roads in France as being of a better surface quality and traffic volumes of considerably lower volume. Travel by bike on the Cherbiurg peninsulas is a delight compared to the trip from here to Portsmouth to get the ferry!

Respect for Mr WTF !
    Beautiful bike & beautifully turned out with attentions to all details as well.

One question as in those White wall tyres - how many miles did you get out of them as they can be heavy on the wallet I'm told.
    Cost about €500 a set of White walls here in France for decent touring ones.

I came off my push bike at about 12 mph and that ended up with a fractured radial head - still pays up and sticks 20 years late; I can't imagine what it must be like to come off a M/bike at speed, leather are a must as your skin just disintegrates on tarmac. UK roads are in a poor state currently and I don't think they will improve any time soon, the repairs they do are part of the problem, a lot of them are falling apart the week after they do them.

Done 45k, and on three sets of white walls (originally Dunlops then moved to Avon's, less "blocky" tread than you see in the picture, less likely to get hooked up in gaps in the tarmac), cost about the same cost here as you suggest.

Where has the picture of the bike gone (all I see is a paper clip)?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Where has the picture of the bike gone (all I see is a paper clip)?
    I can still it, a bit different to my 50 quid raleigh racer

Crikey,expecting David Batty to appear next with a post about his 3x Harley's.

Love an inspirational story - really enjoyed this DVD film.
    It's an inspiring film about New Zealander Burt Munro an old motorcycle enthusiast who spends years rebuilding and perfecting a 1920 Indian motorcycle from his garden shed helped by his very young grandson with the wild dream of taking it over to America.Eventually his built modified Indian bike helped him set the land-speed world record at Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats in 1967 - great film.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...Fastest_Indian

Roads in Scotland are supposed to be decent for grand touring on bikes.

Don’t really ride motorbikes but try and get out on the MTB a fair bit and had a fair few wipeouts or near misses on that.

Never ridden a Harley but they sure look good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)