+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mowatt linked to W.B.A.

Mowatt linked to W.B.A.

https://theathletic.com/news/west-br...s/SaYKJze88qpc

not at all surprised. Once again our pre-season fire sale has begun.

It's not a sale though is it ? He's free to go anywhere he wants , the club won't suddenly crumble because of it , another Drama Queen tut tut,

I’ve never understood this hero worship of Mowatt, ok he works hard and weighs in with a few goals but he’s not the greatest passer of a ball and for me he gives a lot of the ball away and I’m sure there’s players out there that can do the job just as good.
    If he does go to WBA I think he could have bench splinters in his backside by Christmas, he’d be just another squad player to the baggies fans so he’d have to be at his best from the start.

As said he's free to go wherever he wants... we all know he was gonna follow val. Dont be too surprised if wba dont come back for at least 1 of the back 3.
    Big club raiding and stripping a small club of its assets.... wouldnbe allowed in any other walk of life......
    Oh well thats what we get for havin dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I’ve never understood this hero worship of Mowatt, ok he works hard and weighs in with a few goals but he’s not the greatest passer of a ball and for me he gives a lot of the ball away and I’m sure there’s players out there that can do the job just as good.
    If he does go to WBA I think he could have bench splinters in his backside by Christmas, he’d be just another squad player to the baggies fans so he’d have to be at his best from the start.
    Totally agree Doggs

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    As said he's free to go wherever he wants... we all know he was gonna follow val. Dont be too surprised if wba dont come back for at least 1 of the back 3.
    Big club raiding and stripping a small club of its assets.... wouldnbe allowed in any other walk of life......
    Oh well thats what we get for havin dreams.
    They seemed reluctant to pay 2m compo BD , if board stick a big price on any possible target's they may want, I can't see them taking many , if any of our player's , without being disrespectful to WBA, some of our Player's are potentially good enough to play Top flight football at a mid to top half Club,
    Last edited by Romared; 25-06-2021 at 05:37 PM.

Missed a trick when they had the chance to sell him IMHO. Now he's a free agent and some are upset that he may go. I was never bothered about when he left but regret that it wasn't for a price.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    Totally agree - except for the bit about doing the job just as good.
    Because I think there are players that we could get that would make a significant improvement in what is a pivotal position in the team.

But in saying that - Mowatt has been a fantastic servant to Barnsley.
    He is reportedly a leader behind the scenes.
    And most managers including Ismael think he’s good - and they are obviously a better judge of a player than what I am.