+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hay thinks only 2-3 incoming?

Hay thinks only 2-3 incoming?

Mr Hay, generally is on the level ( good to see him recovering ) but surely this would appear cutting things abit to thin.
    As is the norm, gossip and rumours are in full steam, but with some players left / leaving, some key positions stand out for reinforcements.
    LB, DM, AM / Wing, Striker for me the key areas. with LB & DM, possibly the most important.
    Many LB have been linked, and we seem keen on Nandez a midfielder, looks ok, but not exactly the defensive shield we need to support Phillips, some height in the squad would be usefull.

Perhaps MB is looking to the U23s, but with many, not even tasted 1st team football yet, Casey gone, Huggins, possibly not wanted, would be a huge ask and gamble for these to step up.

We had hugely successful season, with possibly some players surpassing and over achieving throughout, can they do it again, with the dreaded second season syndrome looming, some yes, sadly some no, so recruits in 3-4 key roles is *****.

For me we have to get a left back and versatile central midfielder who can either play both attacking and central or can play bother centrally and defensively.

Ideally I'd like;
    Left back
    Centre mid who can drop into Kalvin role when needed
    Attacking mid (who could also move outwide)

If we can get 3 players in that would be perfect for me then just compliment that with bringing younger players into the squad and helping them step up. What I don't want is major changes and destroying the team we should see Rodrigo really step up next year with a full season with fans.

Also reckon the transfer window is a bit of a mess with COVID, euros etc all impacting.

I don't see us suffering second season syndrom as our squad is infinetly better than Sheff U was and our manager is far more adept and we got stronger towards end whereas Sheff U faltered

Three of the right calibre would be good, but we need resilience so players who are flexible in their role are also key. According to the press there is a cast of thousands coming to ER to play

Consistent message from the club has been quality over quantity, three feels about right so wet don't disrupt the balance and progression of the squad. We've yet to see second season Bielsa boost for those we signed last season, you can bet there's more to come from them still.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    Consistent message from the club has been quality over quantity, three feels about right so wet don't disrupt the balance and progression of the squad. We've yet to see second season Bielsa boost for those we signed last season, you can bet there's more to come from them still.
    Supposed to be bringing in a similar number to boost the u23 squad too.

Sounds reassuringly well thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    I'd like to think you're right, but so far the only way those in the younger squads have found themselves in the 1st team is via injury or suspension of the current 1st team player (whoever and wherever that might be).

We have (apprently) just signed another U23 striker, but the talk of those who might start in the1st team next season is of imported newcomers already at PL level. All well and good, but just what is the investment/development strategy and when will we see the likes of Geldhart given an opportunity?

Patrick van aanholdt's contract with Palace has ended. A left- back who has excellent technique. 30 years old though. Is he right for Leeds?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Patrick van aanholdt's contract with Palace has ended. A left- back who has excellent technique. 30 years old though. Is he right for Leeds?
    Would prefer Lukaku or the Portugues chap with dreadlocks, Sanchez? (neither are defenders, just v good!)

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Would prefer Lukaku or the Portugues chap with dreadlocks, Sanchez? (neither are defenders, just v good!)
    Looks like we are signing Amari Miller, 18 year old midfielder from Birmingham. Played a handful of championship games- came in as a sub. U23s I guess.

Don’t think he will count as one of the 2-3 but a bolstering of the u23

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)