+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aberdeen v Burnley

Aberdeen v Burnley

Burnley have released a short video on our short European adventure. I can’t believe it’s 3 years ago...it seems much longer. Anyway, it evoked some fantastic memories of playing you guys. Forgetting the football, the banter we had with you guys in Aberdeen was fantastic and when you came to Burnley, you were the best away fans I’ve ever seen at Turf Moor...you drank the pubs dry!
    Anyway, Aberdeen continue to be the favourite Scottish team for me and many other clarets.
    I’d just like to wish you all the best for the new season and thanks for the memories.

That’s what European competition is all about.
    You travel to a foreign country, behave yourselves and make new friends.
    I wasn’t in Burnley but my son was, he speaks very highly about the visit.

Our HQ in my final job but one was in Accrington (they claimed Altham for some reason), and the Burnley fans that worked there were fine people. They didn’t like Blackburn much though. There was a BIFFO* (as he described himself) in the design team, who would always enquire after our then ex-Oldham striker Scott Vernon. It heartens me when I go to these places and find fans who stick the fingers up to the mega-rich bstds and support their home town team. Leicester’s recent successes have been very pleasing.

*Big Ignorant Fuucker From Oldham

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    That’s what European competition is all about.
    You travel to a foreign country, behave yourselves and make new friends.
    I wasn’t in Burnley but my son was, he speaks very highly about the visit.
    It was an unusual pair of games eh ? I found the Burnley fans were a bit taken aback at how friendly we were ?
    No wonder given their previous experience of a " Scottish" side perhaps.

But I think we did our Club proud. Just a pity the mighty Balloon D'Or hadn't cracked into full scoring mode at that time !!!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    It was an unusual pair of games eh ? I found the Burnley fans were a bit taken aback at how friendly we were ?
    No wonder given their previous experience of a " Scottish" side perhaps.

But I think we did our Club proud. Just a pity the mighty Balloon D'Or hadn't cracked into full scoring mode at that time !!!
    They often remarked how we made it the best atmosphere they had seen.
    It was a fantastic trip even though it wasn’t “abroad”
    Canna wait for the game in only 11 days time and hope we hear on Tuesday that we can get in to see the game