+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bell to luton

Last season it wasn't good enough but this season with a thinner squad,no Elliott and probably no Armstrong.
    Staying up will be an achievement.
    Let's hope we can utilise some money to improve the squad,as it stands Currently its very worrying indeed.

You know what mate?? The more I sit and think about Armstrong I get a bit wound up and I really think the club would be mental to even consider an offer of under £25m.
    He scored 28 goals. Watkins, one year younger, went for £28.1m with add on's. We can keep naming players from recent seasons who have made the exact same move from our level to the Champ. Maupay, Bowen, Benrama etc.
    We have saved an absolute fortune on wages now we are free of Mulgrew and Holtby alone never mind the rest.
    We have Arma on contract for another year. I say put down a contract in front of him and get him to sign.
    Southampton are testing the water. We rejected a £10m offer and they came back with a higher one which again was rejected. We can match them for wages. He will carry on scoring loads of goals for us and I just feel we should not even consider discussing him going unless its for £25m or above.
    I'm not sure he is in a massive rush to go to Norwich or Southampton who are the only ones expressing an interest. One of them will be back on our league season after next anyway.
    We also need to have ensured this embargo is lifted. And then factor in a replacement. The fee and his wages.
    Using the striker at Blackpool ...name escapes me?? They want £5m for him.
    So if we sold Armstrong for even £15m, what would be the point?
    When you take off what we will owe Newcastle. Pay out for a new striker. Then hope he guarantees 28 goals. As Armstrong will get that next season.
    I say sit on him, wait this out. Play hardball with his Agent who will be the one who will want the move.
    The lad is decent and won't sulk.

for all I act the doom and gloom ....I genuinely think if they got into a good run of form next season, get lucky with injuries, get Dack back playing. We could, with an inform Armstrong, get into the play-offs next season.
    We have players with experience at this level now. I feel a smaller, younger group like this could have a better season.
    We had a mare last season for one reason or another.
    No 2 season are ever the same luck wise so maybe if things clicked we do actually have the basis for a decent side.

The big problem is if we suffer the inevitable injuries,we don't have the depth to cope.
    Of course we are only at the start of July but we are only of a few yet to dip their feet in the transfer market.
    We need to sort this embargo out soon because this could effect our season dramatically,if its the football league then slip a lawsuit in.
    The accounts are apparently in,so what's the hold up?
    Armstrong I believe he is worth no more than 15 million.
    On his day he can rip you to shreds and bang a hat trick for good measure but I have also seen on more than one occasion someone who will waste chances and is very greedy.
    The burning issue is that 40 percent clause.
    15 million gets us around 8 million which will improve the squad but we will be light of someone who can score at this level guaranteed or do we wait another season and hope for the best?
    He won't sign a new contract and I cannot see us offering one.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    The big problem is if we suffer the inevitable injuries,we don't have the depth to cope.
    Of course we are only at the start of July but we are only of a few yet to dip their feet in the transfer market.
    We need to sort this embargo out soon because this could effect our season dramatically,if its the football league then slip a lawsuit in.
    The accounts are apparently in,so what's the hold up?
    Armstrong I believe he is worth no more than 15 million.
    On his day he can rip you to shreds and bang a hat trick for good measure but I have also seen on more than one occasion someone who will waste chances and is very greedy.
    The burning issue is that 40 percent clause.
    15 million gets us around 8 million which will improve the squad but we will be light of someone who can score at this level guaranteed or do we wait another season and hope for the best?
    He won't sign a new contract and I cannot see us offering one.
    I dont feel the ones who have left played a great deal or contributed much so them not being here will not change a great deal. Apart from the huge amount of money saved.
    I think we are being stupid even considering losing Armstrong. He is definitely worth double £15m.
    A new striker alone would cost us £5m plus wages. And I will put my house on a new striker not scoring 28 goals.
    Like him or not, he is worth the same Villa paid for Watkins who is no better.
    Brentford wouldnt consider letting one of their star players go for £15m.
    If they sold Toney they would want around £30m. He scored 2 more league goals than Armstrong.

As it will pan out, he will end up signing an improved deal with us and will carry on scoring plenty of goals for us.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Last season it wasn't good enough but this season with a thinner squad,no Elliott and probably no Armstrong.
    Staying up will be an achievement.
    Let's hope we can utilise some money to improve the squad,as it stands Currently its very worrying indeed.
    I feel Brereton and SG can both fill that gap left by Elliott.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)