+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bell to luton

Bell to luton

Bell has signed for Luton Town following his release from Blackburn Rovers.
    That doesn't so much bother me but what does is the fact a club of Luton towns size being very pro active in this window and doing business early.
    We will be the complete opposite,with rushed loans in the last week of the window.
    I really am not looking forward to this season.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Bell has signed for Luton Town following his release from Blackburn Rovers.
    That doesn't so much bother me but what does is the fact a club of Luton towns size being very pro active in this window and doing business early.
    We will be the complete opposite,with rushed loans in the last week of the window.
    I really am not looking forward to this season.
    Bell was fine, really not sure why people decided he was the root of all evil. For what we have in our squad I am unsure why they let him go.

They will go down this season Robin. I have little doubt about it.

They are in so much trouble off the pitch.

Remember last season when our pitch became almost unplayable? No grass on it due to an old drainage issue.
    They where due to rip the pitch up and spend £2m on a new pitch and new drainage system in.
    They never went ahead with it.

Brereton is out of contract next summer. They want to offer him a new deal to try keep him. They cant offer him anything until the embargo is lifted.

And I just can't help but question, why would Venkys just not have entered their accounts in the first place?
    They may even side step the disaster today, but it will catch up with them tomorrow.

I think its way worse than anyone thinks, I have been preparing for them having no club sooner rather than later. they will fold.
    You cant run a club like alot of these Champ clubs do. Most are £100's of million in debt and heading out of business.

Purely depends on the 2 in demand forwards.
    If they stay,we will just about scrape up.
    Of course if they leave we will need to reinvest and I have a feeling that money won't be made available.
    Thats when we drop.
    Current squad is just about good enough to stay up.
    This season will be a very long one,full of bad news and false hope.

Purely depends on the 2 in demand forwards.
    If they stay,we will just about scrape up.
    Of course if they leave we will need to reinvest and I have a feeling that money won't be made available.
    Thats when we drop.
    Current squad is just about good enough to stay up.
    This season will be a very long one,full of bad news and false hope.
    I think the writing is on the wall. I thought it was last season. We just about managed to keep our heads above water and avoid a relegation battle.
    We have no money, we have a pretty poor squad. A load of them have just been let go to save money.
    We have a real issue with the pitch, but couldnt even afford to sort that. Rite now we cant even offer Brereton a better deal who's contract runs out next summer.
    Its as clear as day that Armstrong simply wont command a fee anything like what he is worth due to him being in his last year. And sorry to say, there isn't a queue of clubs lining up to take him. They will be lucky to make £4/5m from a deal if he does leave.

I feel relegation is on the cards, I did last season. I most certainly do this time.
    What I will just never understand is there will be fans out there who will actually start the season saying we are good enough to go up? Like last season.
    Then they will turn on the manager and blame him when its becomes very clear they will be nowhere near. Because he will be perceived as failing.
    Yet it was only them that decided to make us Play off bound? Without any foundation or base to say that.
    Thats what I get confused about.
    If they finish 4th bottom they will be lucky, but only putting off the inevitable.
    Its a club with no real future in this modern era. Most championship clubs are unbelievably badly run, millions in debt and it really should not be allowed to continue.
    Derby broke all the rules, and should be punished. That will be us in 12 months if it doesnt catch up with them sooner.

Did you genuinely believe we would of dropped last season?
    The squad on paper looked far far too good to drop and I still stand by what I say,we should of been pushing for a play off place and a inept manager mixed with injuries meant we finished in a poor position.
    This season we will struggle as we have no squad depth and of course we will suffer injuries AGAIN.
    It might sound ridiculous but we keep getting a raft of injuries,is this bad luck or training regime?

Did you genuinely believe we would of dropped last season?
    The squad on paper looked far far too good to drop and I still stand by what I say,we should of been pushing for a play off place and a inept manager mixed with injuries meant we finished in a poor position.
    This season we will struggle as we have no squad depth and of course we will suffer injuries AGAIN.
    It might sound ridiculous but we keep getting a raft of injuries,is this bad luck or training regime?
    When Covid first hit, we had 9 remaining games of the 19/20 season.
    We where one win away from the play-offs. We beat Bristol City in our first game.
    Then after that, what I saw in the 8 remaining games shocked me and I will probably never return like I used to.

I saw it all for what it is. They gave up. But they gave up because half of them knew that if we had gone up, they would be gone. I dont believe as a group they got together and said 'lets throw these 8 games'. But they showed me we will never every go anywhere ever again unless a billionaire comes in. They are not motivated to go up, they dont want to go up. They were happy to sit and middle out. Eventually that can catch up with you. One season of bad injuries, and you can easily get dragged into relegation. I feared last season. I had given up my interest.
    With that, I gave up my passion to want us to do better.
    I dont think they care either. The club have no ambition. The town is downtrodden and poor. The club is a real mess. Mounting debt.
    Yes, they are moving it away from having to deal with tomorrow. But its moving down the line to one day it will need to paid off. When that day arrives, its goodbye Blackburn Rovers.
    I feel they are heading out of business like Bury. Its not sustainable.

The squad of players, barring maybe 1 or 2 at best, are a bunch of unmotivated lads who have no interest in fighting until their last breath. They dont care if we go up or stay here forever.
    Football as a game absolutely stinks. I want no more part of it.

But yes, I looked at the start of last season and thought, this lot are a few injuries away from going down.
    Going to ewood on matchday became a real pain for me. a 4 hour round trip. I was sat on my own. Surrounded by a bunch of people most of which moaned non stop for 90 mins. The ground is tired and old. Half empty its a cold souless place with no atmosphere. It was just no fun.
    The football is garbage.
    The manager is average. The players are mostly below average.
    And the fans, alot are like me. Fed up with it and have stopped going. And alot have now fallen out of the habit of going to football during Covid and won't return.
    The other half of fans moan non stop because they believe we should get in the play offs because 30 years ago Jack Walker put his money in, we got lucky and managed to stick around for a few season until some blokes money ran out. That spell in the 90's has made some people think they can actually return to the Prem.
    Had Jack walker not put his money in, they would never ever got there. Now that is used as some kind of benchmark.
    This is a town smaller than Bury, with a club a similar size.
    they are punching about 2 divisons above their weight. They are lucky to be in The Champ.
    But for some for reason I will never understand, went into last season thinking they would go up, or get in the play offs. I just cant get my head around that.

I will still say that side was good enough to challenge the play offs and up until the end of January,we were very much in the box seat.
    Fast forward 2 months of injuries,strange tactical decisions and a raft of excuses from big tony and we went into an absolute free fall.
    Much like the other championship seasons under this current managerial set up.

Barnsley got in the play offs.
    I would put money on them going down this season.
    The manager has gone to WBA as has Mowatt and a few others and a club like that normally operates between 2 different divisions.
    I would suggest Derby are also in huge trouble on and off the pitch. They got in the play offs the season before.

Had Rovers not won a few games early on last season and started the season well, I think they would have spent the season around the bottom 4. What I never understood was people where watching us lose every other game at that point? And instead of seeing exactly what I did, a poor team, they said things like 'we cant afford to lose many more games its only Sept'? We where in double figures for losses by early Nov. Teams who make the play offs dont lose 10 games in the opening few months.

I hope they start this season well.

My expectation levels are extremely low for this season.
    With the current team(with Armstrong)we will just about stay up.
    We need some good quality at this standard,just to be aiming for mid table.
    The team have let go of depth and are chucking their eggs in the youth basket.
    Might come off but I am aiming in the glass half empty camp.

My expectation levels are extremely low for this season.
    With the current team(with Armstrong)we will just about stay up.
    We need some good quality at this standard,just to be aiming for mid table.
    The team have let go of depth and are chucking their eggs in the youth basket.
    Might come off but I am aiming in the glass half empty camp.
    wait until you see how many season tickets we have sold
    That will shock you. It appears the town of Blackburn and its surrounding areas have also realised.
    Last season we sold 1,659 season tickets. Which fair play on the loyal ones. But that figure has not increased much and over the past 6 season, we have sold double this amount by this point. Even down in Div1.
    It's going to be the case across the board for alot of tiny little clubs like us.
    Fans have simply gotten out of the habit of finding the money for football, and finding the time.

What suprises me is, folk where very unhappy with us being a midtable club. That was not good enough for most. Wait until this slump takes hold. They will be in for the shock of their lives.
    On FB even today, I still see comments about us 'going for promotion' this season.
    Where on earth where those people the previous 2 seasons??!!! Who where they watching?
    We where never even close, at any point. Suddenly from nowhere, we are going to make the play offs?
    And they will be the ones absolutely kicking off saying its not good enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)