+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swindon...

Swindon...

The next Southend?

What the chuff is happening down there Gaz?

It's anotherfine mess in the long mess thatis Swindon Town.
    Currently we have a chairman called Lee Power. Lee Power made his money from being a football agent.
    He recently sold his other club, Waterford.
    He has ducked and dived, keeping the truth of what is going on from the fans.
    Those of us who purchased shares in the club way back in around year 2001 last all their money because "the shares were not ringfenced" so he snaffled the funds away.
    He tried to rip people off here ther and everywhere for 100's of 1000 of £'s
    The list of reasons for hime to go are many.
    Before he joined us we had a consortium which offered a potential huge financial backing.
    Power some how squeezed in through the back door and the backers one be one withdrew from the club, because of him.
    He is a clever man and has manipulated the people and the club.
    It looks like his days are numbered.
    I respect our most recent manager and Sherridan before him who left the club saying in is untenable here as a viable footballing team.
    Me and my mates are boycotting til he is well and truly gone.
    If we have a club next season we may well do a Sarfender.
    Thanks for asking Coco and hope you are doing OK

Aye it's a sorry story all right Gaz,football clubs seem to be personal piggy banks if their owner are unscrupulous,I'm presuming that there's no Swindon Trust that the fans have formed to help,Rochdale have had the same problems as you but their Trust,fans and shareholders came together to change the board but then again if Power owns the club you are very limited in what you can do,I've got my fingers crossed for you Gaz

There is a supporters trust. We are trying to purchase the ground as currently it is owned by the local authority. The trust pledged their aliance with Murfoni (AXIS) and Power decided to cut all communication between himself and the trust because of the Murfoni pledge. Murfoni has 15% of shares which Power tried to deny

I've been keeping an eye on things down your way Gaz and things don't seem to look any better,I fear for your club what with everything that's happened
    There's been a shady character sniffing around Rochdale shareholders trying to get them to sell their shares on the quiet and there's some kind of link to your owner,fingers crossed that it's got nowt to do with him

Hey up Gaz.
    I kind of thought Lee Power was doing an ok job when you won promotion, and was sort of liked by fans. That doesn't seem to be the case now though.

Embargo's - non payment of ground rent and players wages etc doom it is coc
    Lee P has been disliked by many for a long time Acido. Seems the people that disliked him were right in their "insider info"

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    You can only read the first paragraph unless you subscribe Gaz,can you give us a quick summary of what it says,are things still bad down there,is Power still in charge,you going to any games?

Powers out Coco but the lights still on.with a new chairman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast