+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you see for Utd in 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Have I missed something?
    So our new goalkeeper - the one with a history of injuries - failed his medical. we still signed him and alexander wasnt happy.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    No mate sorry i have no idea and the following is a guess only but it may hold some substance.I think there was a good relationship between Tam and Neil and the latter recommended Rogers coming in for a trial which Tam agreed to.
    A decision was made by either The Bandit or Tam that Rodgers was not good enough to be our NO1 if Benji was sold and they signed Carson instead.IF it is true that Carson failed his medical which as far as i know is correct then Alexander already miffed that his choice of Keeper has been rejected goes FN mental when he is told Tam and The Bandit think an unfit keeper is a better bet than his man.
    To me my thinking makes perfect sense and i can see where Alexander is coming from calling them unprofessional for signing a keeper after failing his medical however i also think Alexander was bang out of order recommending a keeper to Tam when he was as culpable as any other player for Killie's relegation.
    If my scenario above is correct i'm backing Tam over Alexander so it would be appreciated if people accept i only want the best for United and not every post i deliver is negative.
    Do we know for certain that Rodgers was Alexander's 'choice of keeper'? Did he actually recommend we sign him?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Do we know for certain that Rodgers was Alexander's 'choice of keeper'? Did he actually recommend we sign him?
    He recommended him to Tam according to one of his interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    He recommended him to Tam according to one of his interviews.
    Yeah, I realise he was brought to the club due to his links with Alexander, but did Alexander actually recommend we sign him after his trial?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Yeah, I realise he was brought to the club due to his links with Alexander, but did Alexander actually recommend we sign him after his trial?
    No way of knowing mate. You'd f ucking hope not as NA appeared to have performef very well in his time here but you only had to watch Rogers once last season to see how f ucking average he is.

Carson (whether he has an underlying injury or not) is a better option that a fit Rogers (in the short term. I saw an example of something like this. Loic Remy. Failed his medical at Liverpool then a week later passed one at Chelsea to sign for them. The reasoning behind it was that he was signing for Liverpool to be 1st choice whereas he was backup for Chelsea. They felt the reason for the failure wasn't enough to put the move off considering his role within the squad. Assuming Carson is signed to be no.2 it might make a bit more sense. But you can understand NA's frustration I would say.

Tony Caig was at the game again last night coaching. NA's severance must be taking a while. Probably taking time to sort out the confidentiality agreement 😂

Over a week ago that this story broke so come on United just get it done.

Back on topic in terms of the season ahead. I'm still finding it difficult to piece my thoughts together. We have a starting 11 (which I noted in another thread) that I feel could win us plenty of matches whilst playing good football. But an injury or two and the players we have to bring in lowers the quality of the 11 exponentially.

3 signings needed in my eyes. A Centre mid to compliment Fuchs. Someone who is a better version of Harkes/Hoti/Pawlett. An out and out winger and also a striker who can maybe also play out wide/off of Shanks to mix things up. (James Scott mentionef is a good example of that).

Those 3 signings (players who are better than what we have as backup currently) into this current squad and I'm confident of at least a top 6 challenge similar to last season.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Agree with a lot of this and I am a bit concerned. We need a good start.

If we have shanks and Benji for the full season then we should stay up but I am expecting bottom 6
    Have you seen our first 6 games? We'll be lucky to have 3 points!!

At this point in time there aren't 2 teams worse than us. 3-4 GOOD signings required to avoid a dogfight IMO!

Even with the current squad I think we'll have 3 points after 1st game
    Sheep are shyte

Quote Originally Posted by shed_boy_21 View Post
    Have you seen our first 6 games? We'll be lucky to have 3 points!!

At this point in time there aren't 2 teams worse than us. 3-4 GOOD signings required to avoid a dogfight IMO!
    Whilst I agree we maybe aren't the finished article, you are just assuming that others teams are better than us without really knowing. Hearts and Dundee both played Championship football last season. Livi ended last season very badly. St Mirren and Ross County are nothing to fear. Motherwell just make themselves look good on social media. Aberdeen have signed Declan Gallagher and JET ffs and the greatest St Johnstone team in history couldnt even beat us last season when Peterhead could.

Lets not pretend we are about to kick off a season against anything other than mostly average football teams. We just have to make sure we arent the worst ones. I'm quietly confident we'll be fine. Make a few good signings and I'll be certain of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Whilst I agree we maybe aren't the finished article, you are just assuming that others teams are better than us without really knowing. Hearts and Dundee both played Championship football last season. Livi ended last season very badly. St Mirren and Ross County are nothing to fear. Motherwell just make themselves look good on social media. Aberdeen have signed Declan Gallagher and JET ffs and the greatest St Johnstone team in history couldnt even beat us last season when Peterhead could.

Lets not pretend we are about to kick off a season against anything other than mostly average football teams. We just have to make sure we arent the worst ones. I'm quietly confident we'll be fine. Make a few good signings and I'll be certain of it.
    Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen will more than likely take up the first 5 spots. Which means there is one spot left for United, Dundee, Motherwell, Livingston, St Mirren, St Johnstone and Ross County to fight over. We were only a point away from getting there last season, no reason to think we won't be up there again challenging for it. Bottom 7 teams will be close and competitive though, and while a lot of those teams have made signings, have many (or any) of them been the type of signings that we would rather have?

We do just need some creativity in the midfield, so hopefully before the end of the window that player is in (because he sure as hell hasn't been signed by the rest of the league)

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen will more than likely take up the first 5 spots. Which means there is one spot left for United, Dundee, Motherwell, Livingston, St Mirren, St Johnstone and Ross County to fight over. We were only a point away from getting there last season, no reason to think we won't be up there again challenging for it. Bottom 7 teams will be close and competitive though, and while a lot of those teams have made signings, have many (or any) of them been the type of signings that we would rather have?

We do just need some creativity in the midfield, so hopefully before the end of the window that player is in (because he sure as hell hasn't been signed by the rest of the league)
    Honestly think people are over-estimating Hearts and Aberdeen. And if Hibs end up losing a few players like Nisbet etc they won't be as big a threat as they were last season.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)