+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you see for Utd in 21/22

What do you see for Utd in 21/22

A straightforward Q for all optimists and pessimists

My expectations are lowered unfortunately and at this stage I see us struggling to stay out of bottom 2
    Would love to be proved wrong in that TC succeeds, we see progress, fans back in and a decent cup run

Hard to answer this at the end of June. I'll cast my verdict once we have the 21/22 squad assembled in two months time.

Yeah agree with tHeArAb will have to wait and see who is in or out and really have to wait and see how tam and his coachs get on could go really bad like you forecast but could also go loads better hoping for the loads better but can't make a prediction without the facts.

At this minute in time, i have concerns that we will regress a bit and cannot see us improve on last season, maybe even drop off a bit when its 2 generally settled teams that have been promoted.

It does need to be noted that the 30th of June is when quite a few contracts end, and to change my mind, there needs to be 2 or 3 good signings in the short term, and a total of 5 or 6 by the end of the window, and a qualification from the LC groups stage to be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Hard to answer this at the end of June. I'll cast my verdict once we have the 21/22 squad assembled in two months time.
    Before i opened this thread i was thinking will i tell the truth or go down the diplomatic route instead?.I could not have put it any better than the above and i agree with it word for word.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Before i opened this thread i was thinking will i tell the truth or go down the diplomatic route instead?.I could not have put it any better than the above and i agree with it word for word.
    I also agree, probably should have read what would be classed as a successful 21/22 season, but that would have been too long a title,

Anyways would be interested on what folk's answer to this would be

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    I also agree, probably should have read what would be classed as a successful 21/22 season, but that would have been too long a title,

Anyways would be interested on what folk's answer to this would be
    Cup win would be a great success and live in hope but if stjohnston can do the double no reason we should not hope for at least one.Qualify for europe would also be a success even top 6 finish would be a successful season hopefully with a bit more attractive football.

hard to say, with current squad I can't see anything but relegation and by some distance. We were lucky to have a mix of Benji and horrendous finishing with opponents last season to get us away from danger, i doubt we will get the same luck this season and prob lose Benji... If we get 3-4 signings that have as good an impact as Fuchs then no reason we cant stay up so will wait and see if we make those.

Willie Hills have us,The Dees and Ross County as joint FAVS for the drop but when are the bookies ever right?.

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en...t+2021+22.html

It’s gonna be difficult in qualifying for Europe next season but I fully expect us to be finishing top six. Will we win a Cup? i’m not sure 🤔

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)