Never seen such negativity coming into a new season before, reminds me of the season we started with Csaba in charge.

As much as Courts wasn't my choice to replace Mellon, He gets my full support. The early indications look decent without being over the top optimistic. So this is my thoughts on Courts since he's came in.

Signings-
So far the 2 signings we've made are both decent. Carson will be a good replacement for Benji if he goes. Mulgrew I think will be a quality player for us this season if he stays injury free. Edwards signing an extension is massive as he was a key player for us last season but it's also a confidence booster to Courts because everyone (myself included) thought he was away back down south. The real test will be if Benji or Shankland goes in this window and how we deal with that. We are still light in a few positions so hopefully we can get a few in the door in the next week or so then I think that will get make fans more optimistic about the season.

League Cup-
3 games v lower league opposition so we would be expecting 3 wins. Kelty wasn't a great performance but got the job done. Elgin was impressive as we played decent stuff for the first time god knows how long. Arbroath was a tough watch but still got the job done. These were the sort of games we messed up in previous campaigns. First time qualifying from the group since Ray did it in 2017 so an early positive for Courts.

Squad-
Still light in the attacking areas of more quality experienced players but feel we are 2/3 away from going with what we have depending on anyone leaving. Don't think we are as desperate for as many players as people say. Attacking/creative players are definitely required to help out the younger guys but Everywhere else is ok i think. The way Courts has set us up in the cup games suggests he is trying to find a system to suit the players at his disposal which has already shown slight improvements from last season.

Expectations/ambitions?
I expect us to kick on from last season. Mellon done the job required but the football we played was poor and didn't enjoy many games last season. If courts can get a good combination of winning games and by playing decent stuff then I can see us having a decent season with some enjoyable games. Our start is tricky so Courts will be under pressure early doors. Pull out a decent couple of early results then we can have a good season but start badly and the writing could be on the wall for TC and TA. An early derby could be a big one!

My prediction-
Currently I think we have enough about us to be safe again but I feel similar to last season but if we could get those quality additions in then it might squeeze us up the league a few positions. I'd say we would be 7th with the signings pushing us to 5th/6th.

Time will tell.