+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: England v Germany Match Thoughts

England v Germany Match Thoughts

Is there a bigger game for the England national team , probably not .

So much history , so much bloody pain too .

Those two semi final defeats on penalties hurt like hell at the time , we could and should have won both games in extra time ..... but we didn't .

This isn't the best German team I've seen by a long way but I've learned over the years that you can never write those buggas off .

For me the home advantage means nowt , the Germans have knocked more hosts out of their own tournament than anybody else , it's what they do .

Don't get me wrong we have the talent to win the game whether we do or not is another matter altogether .

Surely surely we are due a win at a major tournament in the knock out stages against these buggas .

Aren't we ....................... ?????

We can easily beat the Germans.
    We always could.
    We always had the players.
    But will we ???
    Unlikely.
    As our players will be (usually) so stiff that they will be unrecognisable.
    Why - because our manager will we reading the red top newspapers - and as a result will be frightened to death of picking a team that will throw caution to the wind and go for it.
    But ……. we will see.

It's a classic international football fixture innit. 50/50 for me. Bit o luck required in these encounters. Wiv nivver ed much, especially against these.

You would think home advantage would go alongway in England's favour , just at present despite a good recent record at Wembley , most games have been scrappy , with a poor atmosphere , are the expectations too great for them ? Playing at Old Trafford or any suitable club ground may have been a better option, Germany are not at their strongest just now , England unbelievably still in transition ? So a tight game with no penalties ! 1-2
    Vorsprung Duk Tecnique

We may just get the better of them this time Roma, I have a new Mersedes that’s 2 months old and it has gone wrong so they have had to take it in for repair so the Germans are not infallible.At least let’s hope so.

as usual we will go out on penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Fileytyke View Post
    We may just get the better of them this time Roma, I have a new Mersedes that’s 2 months old and it has gone wrong so they have had to take it in for repair so the Germans are not infallible.At least let’s hope so.
    Well I hope your right Mr Filey , I'm sure it would give the Country a much needed boost, Hoping you get your car sorted quick, "bloody germans" !!

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Well I hope your right Mr Filey , I'm sure it would give the Country a much needed boost, Hoping you get your car sorted quick, "bloody germans" !!
    I think that's a good point Roma , the country needs a massive lift .

The pandemic has claimed so many lives along with having to adjust to living like we've had to .

The least said about a number of our politicians the better and that's both sides .

The country has torn itself apart these last 5 years and it's not gone away either .

The England national team has the capacity to pull people together at least for a while .

We need another gut wrenching defeat tomorrow night like you need a nail up your backside .

C'mon England , do us proud .

The question mark for me under Southgate is that if plan A doesn't quite come off, then there's not really a plan B or an ability to make the necessary tactical switches to the team during these big games.

The Germans won't be found wanting in this department with their experienced manager and players. I hope to God that we go one nowt up because if the reverse happens and we go 1 nil darn then I fear we may have no answer and get caught out.

Southgate needs to do more tactically when things turn against us during a game I feel. International teams seldom let you off the hook. He must've surely learned from the World Cup semis when the game went away from us once the Croats had sussed us art and their management changed things.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    The question mark for me under Southgate is that if plan A doesn't quite come off, then there's not really a plan B or an ability to make the necessary tactical switches to the team during these big games.

The Germans won't be found wanting in this department with their experienced manager and players. I hope to God that we go one nowt up because if the reverse happens and we go 1 nil darn then I fear we may have no answer and get caught out.

Southgate needs to do more tactically when things turn against us during a game I feel. International teams seldom let you off the hook. He must've surely learned from the World Cup semis when the game went away from us once the Croats had sussed us art and their management changed things.
    What, you mean like we hit the bar and they hit us on the counter to go 1-0 up Pass as normally happens in these games? That's exactly right. I don't think there is a plan B. Or maybe there is; if we go 1-0 down maybe he'll tell them to keep their discipline and keep playing as they are. No one is to break ranks and show any flair or natural ingenuity as good old Bobby Robson would have allowed lol.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast