+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illicit Pereira transfer ?

Illicit Pereira transfer ?

Fake news maybe ? Allegedly Dowling involved in an attempt to broker a deal avoiding tax.
    Anyone read anything more substantial ?

Morning Prando, it’s in the Times so not some gutter rag!
    A senior executive at West Bromwich Albion (Dowling) attempted to negotiate a £25 million transfer deal that would have broken Fifa regulations, avoided tax in China and possibly the UK, and enabled the English club’s Chinese majority shareholder and owner to keep some of the proceeds of the sale.
    If this is true then surely the FA have to look into this which may mean a fine or points deduction! Sooner we rid the club of FOL the better!

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Fake news maybe ? Allegedly Dowling involved in an attempt to broker a deal avoiding tax.
    Anyone read anything more substantial ?
    https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2021/...ereira-report/

I’d suggest we’re in a whole heap of trouble with this.

There’s no way a reputable publication like The Times would be running this story without having the necessary proof.

This is what happens when you have amateurs like Drowning and the midget runt running the show.

You can wave goodby to 12 points and say hello to League One if this goes as I expect it will.

FOL😤

How much more damage is this odious little man going to inflict on the reputation of our club? I obviously haven't been around for all of the years that this club has been established but this has got to be one of the darkest periods in the sixty odd years that I have been supporting the Albion. If this does go badly then surely there has to be a way for us to rid ourselves of this man. Just when you think that things can't get any worse, they do!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

There’s no way a reputable publication like The Times would be running this story without having the necessary proof.

This is what happens when you have amateurs like Drowning and the midget runt running the show.

You can wave goodby to 12 points and say hello to League One if this goes as I expect it will.

FOL😤
    Whilst this is absolutely not good news, and it appears Lai has been caught with his fingers in the till. I don't think we we will be in too much hot water - but I could be wrong.

It shouldn't mean a 12 point deduction for us as I always thought that was for clubs in administration. And we've been following FFP pretty rigorously in the last few years. In fact, if it is just avoidance of tax then lawyers are usually pretty good at arguing on that scenario. We might get away with a warning or small fine.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Whilst this is absolutely not good news, and it appears Lai has been caught with his fingers in the till. I don't think we we will be in too much hot water - but I could be wrong.

It shouldn't mean a 12 point deduction for us as I always thought that was for clubs in administration. And we've been following FFP pretty rigorously in the last few years. In fact, if it is just avoidance of tax then lawyers are usually pretty good at arguing on that scenario. We might get away with a warning or small fine.
    In fact, it doesn't relate to a transfer. This seems to just be a conversation so I don't see what anyone could sanction us with?

The real worry could be if anything untoward happened with other previous transfers. We sold Rondon to a club in China under Lai's watch...

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

FOL😤
    A few thoughts.

I was surprised to read Lai and co had parted with circa £188,000,000 to buy the Albion from JP. I'd be genuinely stunned if he was stupid enough at any point to think he'd get the Pereira deal past the Chinese financial authorities.

The Rondon transfer is rumoured to be where the skeletons may lie but there's a paper trail to that in the club accounts and I would imagine FIFA's transfer regulations authority. As Jenkins was probably in situ I can't see he'd have turned a blind eye either.

The club have issued a statement to the effect they knew the story was going to break and they're taking legal advice. I guess we'll know what's what before too long......

What about the China man we bought and never saw play something iffy there me thinks

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Morning Prando, it’s in the Times so not some gutter rag!
    A senior executive at West Bromwich Albion (Dowling) attempted to negotiate a £25 million transfer deal that would have broken Fifa regulations, avoided tax in China and possibly the UK, and enabled the English club’s Chinese majority shareholder and owner to keep some of the proceeds of the sale.
    If this is true then surely the FA have to look into this which may mean a fine or points deduction! Sooner we rid the club of FOL the better!
    Cheers DP buddy. (Just got back in and checking the comments)
    I wonder whether the Dowling departure had anything to do with this story ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)