+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team for Ukraine

Team for Ukraine

Same..
    Replace Saka with Jack..
    Drop back 3..
    Drop shaw..
    Move Sterling rightside..
    Play the team who finished..

I presume he will "protect" rice and phillips as they are both on yellows and play henderson, and a n other defensive minded mid, he could go flat back 4 which would bring Shaw to the back and allow for grealish or foden into the side? My pick for what its worth would be:
    Pickford
    Walker Stones Mcguire/Mings Shaw
    Henderson
    Saka/foden mount grealish
    Sterling Kane
    any of Saka Grealish Foden and Sterling can switch positions and cause headaches for an already tired Ukraine defense, wont happen though, but I think whatever side he puts out SHOULD have enough to beat them.

If he is going to protect players on a yellow card then Maguire and Foden need to sit the Ukraine game out.

I still don't think he'll play Jack from the start but use in him in the last 20 minutes again when the Ukraine players have hopefully been run ragged. Imagine being knackered having held on to a nil nil with 20 minutes to go and seeing JG coming on. Must be demorslising!

Unfortunately, the Keeper and CHs are set in stone. The full-backs have my head spinning. Walk(er)ing error and the ‘whimpering oaf’ Shaw are just horrific, sentimental, selections.

The crab twins do a decent job, though I think that Phillips does most, if not all, of the heavy lifting. Southgate is too scared to change these two.

Saka was very good, but not anywhere near Jack in terms of creating something out of nothing. P1sses all over Jack when it comes to the defensive stuff. Alas, it will all count for nothing, when Mountgate picks his son, despite form. Sterling, probably the worst midfielder, but the most elusive in attack, is undroppable. Which leaves Kane, enough said.

So the formation will change, but Mount will come in for Saka. 442 or 4231.

A comfortable England win (after Jack’s cameo).

Word is, Mount and Sancho to start, mmm, the plot thickens. Oh, that's right, Sancho just signed for manure. Strange that he never really got a look in pre-transfer.

It doesn't matter anyway, the game has been postponed due to one of the Ukraine palyers testing positive for Covid.
    It's the left back Ticklii Chestikov

Congrats to the Mother country! Fantastic result however where was our Jack and Tyrone ? Not even on the bench.

Both on the Bench and unused but with Slab head looking the part and Sanchi now a utd player, I'm afraid thats it from our two, unless HM gets a booking or theres an injury to Sterling. Our guys are bit part players. Oh well at least they will come back unscaithed. City will go all out for Kane now thankfully.
    Ps well England, despite boring the pants off me first half, 4-0 is a great result, it seems to be working for old Beaky.
    Is it coming home?

I said on the transfer thread about Sancho being picked Exiled, then forgot about him in this thread lol. After that result cant see Grealish or Foden being anything but "get me out of the s***" subs for Beaky now, so expecting to see both of them before the end of the Semi
    Well done to the team/squad, whatever they look like or play like results are all that count, I would point out to Beaky though to watch his players in the latter part of the second half and ask them to press like that all the time, then it truly might come home.....

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)