+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stefan johansson

Stefan johansson

We are interested in bringing him in.
    I am pretty happy about this but will we do the usual and offer a long contract to someone who is 31 already.
    We need to learn from previous mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    We are interested in bringing him in.
    I am pretty happy about this but will we do the usual and offer a long contract to someone who is 31 already.
    We need to learn from previous mistakes.
    my only reaction to this is, why let a bunch of players like Evans, Downing, Holtby, Williams, Mulgrew & Bennett etc go who were all taking us nowhere. To just replace them with more of the same.
    I thought they might look to shred the squad size down.
    That was half the problem last season. Every matchday he had way too many options.
    Most of them are just a much of a muchness anyway, I would rather see continuity.
    Travis and Davenport. Abd if one is injured, bring someone else in. Its not rocket science.

Thing is champs the players you named above offered little at this level anymore for differing reasons.
    Legs gone,injury problems,wrong level ect ect.
    This guy can definitely offer 1 maybe 2 seasons at a push and will offer competition to travis and Davenport.
    I didn't mind Evans for the record but the physio room was always occupied by him and on the wages he was on,it was a no brainer.

Thing is champs the players you named above offered little at this level anymore for differing reasons.
    Legs gone,injury problems,wrong level ect ect.
    This guy can definitely offer 1 maybe 2 seasons at a push and will offer competition to travis and Davenport.
    I didn't mind Evans for the record but the physio room was always occupied by him and on the wages he was on,it was a no brainer.
    Yeah your right pal. He is actually better than those guys I mentioned. I remember him now last season as I watched the QPR game. Of the ones I mentioned, I agree the one I would like to have kept was Evans. If fit, I feel he could still have done a decent job. I always quite liked Evans personally. I would have let Johnson go over him. But you do need options.

Latest on Reach is we are still after him but we need him to take a 50% cut of what he was on with Sheff Wed.
    He was on stupid money with them but his contract is up, they are skint and in Div1.
    The stumbling block being, nobody can actually say one way or the other if our accounts where lodged at the correct time and meet the criteria. Right here and now we still have a transfer embargo therefore can't do any business.

I thought we could still do free transfers as part of the embargo.
    Something seems very fishy with it all.
    Did our accounts go in on time?is the football league being picky for the sake of being picky?I mean after all we are one of the few teams who get picked up for financial irregularities but others have been getting away with it for years.

I thought we could still do free transfers as part of the embargo.
    Something seems very fishy with it all.
    Did our accounts go in on time?is the football league being picky for the sake of being picky?I mean after all we are one of the few teams who get picked up for financial irregularities but others have been getting away with it for years.
    Thats the thing mate. Nobody knows a thing. And I am unsure how to take that? I still have one or two contacts so can sometimes find out the odd rumour. We cant do anything!!! No free transfers.
    We can't even offer Brereton a new deal at this point. Nothing.
    Chapman is slightly different as his contact stated we had the option of retaining him for another year, which they did.
    Unsure if this is bad news, or anything.
    Its a complete blackout. Journalists are in the dark, nobody inside the club has a clue.
    But the most damming thing, is they cant even tie down players we already have on better deals.
    We are still going about looking for players, so its a case of wait and see.

We have never been the most liked team and certainly not the most glamorous,so we won't be getting much media exposure(only if its really bad news of course)Manchester United have just spent another 75 million on a player despite being 100s of millions in debt.
    While the big dogs can do that,us smaller fish stand no chance.
    Thats the real cover up story right there.

Financial fair play,is designed to penalise the poor and to purposely turn a blind eye to the wealthy.
    You either punish ALL or scrap altogether.

We have never been the most liked team and certainly not the most glamorous,so we won't be getting much media exposure(only if its really bad news of course)Manchester United have just spent another 75 million on a player despite being 100s of millions in debt.
    While the big dogs can do that,us smaller fish stand no chance.
    Thats the real cover up story right there.
    Its disgusting, and the top clubs are just more powerful therefore almost untouchable.
    The main sponsers need Man Utd etc we are a nobody.

It has to be one rule for all. But it isn't and that simply another reason why I am losing interest in football overall.

The whole thing is set up so that no club like Blackburn can come up and challenge then beat the big boys. Its a closed shop. 95 was the last every time anything like that will happen.

But all that said.
    Blackburn Rovers are a disgracefully and badly run football club who have mounted £200m of debts.
    I find that disgusting. I would not mind if we actually got to see a half decent footballer while running the club into the ground. Instead we got a bunch of nobodies. All earning stupid money. For being second rate footballers in a second rate league. All surrounded by top class facilities, everything they ever want and need at their disposal.
    Not one of these lads have achieved a thing in football, none are top players. But they sit in complete luxury and appear to not really care one way of the other.

I realise this is 95% of Championship clubs, and the whole thing stinks to high heaven.
    But the club I follow is Rovers so I can only speak about them.
    And I feel they deserve what is coming to them. Many others should also be the same position. I agree with that. But we have been a terribly run club for so long now I just give up.
    I simply cant sit here and defend them.
    Not a season ago, Charlie Mulgrew was clearly finished.
    Some idiot within our club offered hyim a 2 year deal on £14k a week.
    Sorry but they are where they are because of their own mistakes.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)