+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team choices v Denmark

Team choices v Denmark

Got to be the easiest one so far unless Beaky wants to protect those on Yellow cards should we get to the final. I see no place for Jack unless we are trailing with 20 mins left?
    England win 1-0

I thought all the yellows were wiped after quarters? Think you are right cant see any changes from the last 11 unless there are niggles etc, and to be fair, like it or not, you cant really argue I guess, Jack to come on and pull us out of the s*** after a 70 minute borefest of us sitting deep and Denmark peppering us with long shots and crosses...... unless Kane gets another early goal.

Yeah, yellow cards are wiped after QFs. Can’t see GS changing much either. Fluke Shaw and Walker will remain total liabilities until one of them flukes a good cross over, and all is forgiven.

Is it me or did Sancho do F- all? He had one mazy run which ended as a free-kick to us, in our own half!!!!! Whilst a ‘pundit’ on the BBC declares that his ‘bruvva from anuvva muvva’ is the new Messi, no less. Must have something to do with him signing for someone, last week.

Nothing wrong with GS tactics, but his choice of player is dumbfounding. For me, Foden over Sancho, Chilwell over Shaw, and Reece-James over Walker. Don’t get me started on his son, Mason.

Phillips has been my star man this tournament, mightily impressive.

I'd love Phillips at the Villa. I didn't realise how quality his passing is. He's a very useful player!

I'd drop Sancho for Foden in this game but have to say the whole supersub impact that Jack keeps bringing to the team is brilliant!

If Id been anywhere near Beaky when he subbed Jack Id have probably strangled him, but we won, we are in our first final since I was 6, bring it on!!!!

He had to make a change and protect the lead, Jack is a luxury and well, at least he got on and was part of it. I cannot help think this stop start is killing his confidence. Beaky has a nice problem, 6 players in 3 positions, he even took Mount off. No it was cruel but he got the result and thats all that matters, Sunday will be Epic, I just dream Jack will come on and score the winner?

You cant argue with Southgate's results. However when jack came on we turned the screw and were all over Denmark until Jack came off. Surly it would have been safer to look for the 3rd goal. Taking Saka off was also a bad move. Grealish should start full stop.

I noticed as well, Sterling looked better and got the penalty while on the right wing. Surely this would better to start him there and Jack in the left??

Bong - I agree with the first part of your post and another goal would probably have come along had Jack stayed on the pitch. I don't think Saka was involved in too much of the attacks.

Dave - I noticed too that Sterling is far more effective on the right, it was the same in one of the previous games.

The reception Jack got when he came on was unreal, is it his destiny to have a big impact in the final? If he was to run at the Italian defence gaps would open up.

Beaky got away with the change of formation, also the game was won with an own goal and a very dodgy pen - it must be destiny?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)