+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alioski

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Firpo gave a good first interview sounds like he knows what he wants
    As I’ve annoyingly said elsewhere, let’s go Firpo mental!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "Won't be overly missed"? Have you read the comments in this thread and others?

As for the observation on money, it's just that, an observation, not confirmation of anything. And as to "why not sign", perhaps its exactly what I and others have suggested, for a player of his type and temperament, i suspect that large amounts of money don't make up for the prospect of warming the bench rather than playing every game.
    100% what he said!

He WILL be missed ......funny little ****er

Many reasons involved in players leaving or not leaving a club, uprooting your family, including children to move to another country is massive, its not always about what the player wants, not sure if alioski has a partner or even children, but many things come into play leaving a club, and yes he will be missed.

Why are people bothered about the reason he has left. Whether he wanted more money, more playing time etc who gives a toss he gave us 4 great seasons and was part of the team to help us go up.

It is the right time for him to go, he would not have been a regular starter and would have seen his stock fall as a player.

He can leave now, get himself a good long contract somewhere else and be a regular for another team.

Best of luck to him and I think this is the best scenario it is a shame we couldn't sell him to get us some funds in but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Why are people bothered about the reason he has left. Whether he wanted more money, more playing time etc who gives a toss he gave us 4 great seasons and was part of the team to help us go up.

It is the right time for him to go, he would not have been a regular starter and would have seen his stock fall as a player.

He can leave now, get himself a good long contract somewhere else and be a regular for another team.

Best of luck to him and I think this is the best scenario it is a shame we couldn't sell him to get us some funds in but it is what it is.

Yep, in the same way o’ thinking. Great player and we should be thankful we had the chance to enjoy his football skill and good guy factor but players come and players go.
    Good luck guy and thanks. I am positive he will be saying the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post

Not overly bothered Joel, but can't help challenging the notion that money was the only factor, for a player who gave his all every time he turned out (and some on much better money could learn a thing or two about commitment and "being" Leeds from the Macedonian). He is leaving, and with the best wishes of every Leeds supporter I know, but not just for money, that I don't believe.

Think we will miss him a lot.

i suspect he was infectious in his work and training rate and probably a good one in the locker room.

However, think he would have been a problem if he was not getting major playing time. Just that kind of 100 percent mentality.

wonder if he was waiting to see if we signed Firpo? He'd have likely beaten out a lot of other players but I think firpo was a little too good.

will always wish him well and root for him.

Trying to pick a metaphorical fight Oz? "Does anyone really care he left"? Errrrrr, damned right they do, you're in a very small minority thinking otherwise.
    I said he won't be missed. that anyone cared part was followed by the club doing everything they could for him to stay hence I couldn't care less and I also thanked him as he gave his all for crying out loud. Some people saying he left cause he wants first-team football? what the hell was he playing last season. Some like me think it's money but who really knows?
    As if the Barca Lad is as good as they make him out to be will he be missed? So where in that do you think I'm picking a fight?

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Think we will miss him a lot.

i suspect he was infectious in his work and training rate and probably a good one in the locker room.

However, think he would have been a problem if he was not getting major playing time. Just that kind of 100 percent mentality.

wonder if he was waiting to see if we signed Firpo? He'd have likely beaten out a lot of other players but I think firpo was a little too good.

will always wish him well and root for him.
    His ability to get under other players skin was amusing to watch and he is certainly a character - with him and Berra gone Klich will be pretty much on his own in the Shi thousery stakes. Will miss his little legs pumping along at a frantic rate on his overlapping runs.

Firpo looks like a top athlete though.

Great news KO has signed a new 5 year deal too. Rapha now has the number 10 shirt so don’t think he is going anywhere and Rodrigo has Pablos old number.

Real opportunity for us to kick on.

Not overly bothered Joel, but can't help challenging the notion that money was the only factor, for a player who gave his all every time he turned out (and some on much better money could learn a thing or two about commitment and "being" Leeds from the Macedonian). He is leaving, and with the best wishes of every Leeds supporter I know, but not just for money, that I don't believe.
    Agreed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)