+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Who sets crowd limits

Who sets crowd limits

I see Patrick Thistle have 1500 at their friendly tonight, why don’t we have at least the same for our friendlies this week

Spot on jdfc. What is going on at our club?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Spot on jdfc. What is going on at our club?
    At the beginning of last week I contacted Joe Fitzpatrick SNP MSP for Dundee West asking him why 16,500 spectators were able to attend the British Lions v Japan rugby match at Murrayfield out of a capacity of 68,000. Almost 25% of the capacity while Dundee FC are only allowed 500 spectators to attend friendlies against Leyton Orient and West Ham. Dundee FC should also be allowed to let in almost 25% of their 11,700 capacity which is almost 2,900 spectators as both Edinburgh and Dundee are in Tier 2.
    Joe Fitzpatrick replied advising that he had forwarded my question to the Scottish Government Sports Minister and I should receive my answer in 20 working days time. What a cop out!

Does anyone really think we are getting crowds back at football next season?

The noises coming from UK govt and Scottish administration arnt sounding good at all.

I'd suggest they might go down the line of we let you out and now it's back....lockdown for winter.....rinse and repeat.

Is it not Dundee council that sets limit

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Does anyone really think we are getting crowds back at football next season?

The noises coming from UK govt and Scottish administration arnt sounding good at all.

I'd suggest they might go down the line of we let you out and now it's back....lockdown for winter.....rinse and repeat.

Is it not Dundee council that sets limit
    Yes but might be mid August before it happens. Any more lockdowns will just undermine vaccine programme.
    Cases have gotten higher and personally know more who have now had recently but none in hospital which to me is significant. As for who sets the limits I've no idea.
    Boy who runs British grand prix got a decent result.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    At the beginning of last week I contacted Joe Fitzpatrick SNP MSP for Dundee West asking him why 16,500 spectators were able to attend the British Lions v Japan rugby match at Murrayfield out of a capacity of 68,000. Almost 25% of the capacity while Dundee FC are only allowed 500 spectators to attend friendlies against Leyton Orient and West Ham. Dundee FC should also be allowed to let in almost 25% of their 11,700 capacity which is almost 2,900 spectators as both Edinburgh and Dundee are in Tier 2.
    Joe Fitzpatrick replied advising that he had forwarded my question to the Scottish Government Sports Minister and I should receive my answer in 20 working days time. What a cop out!
    This has not changed since my last post on it.

Dundee FC simply have to ask for an increase and show why they should have it. It’s been like that for ages and yet we’re stuck on 500. It’s not necessary

I should add the current capacity of Asda kingsway west (indoors) is approx the same as dens. Bizarre

We should be complaining to the club. Are people still on furlough. Do we actually do better financially if we stick to 500.

Club's choice - they've no interest in Dundee fans.

100% guarantee they will bend over backwards to ensure as many away fans as possible can attend on 25th September.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Club's choice - they've no interest in Dundee fans.

100% guarantee they will bend over backwards to ensure as many away fans as possible can attend on 25th September.
    Deeranged, that's the way it looks I must admit, but is there something that we don't know about that would make us support their decision?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Deeranged, that's the way it looks I must admit, but is there something that we don't know about that would make us support their decision?
    We don't know, but there would have to be some serious justification for us to accept it.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)