+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Free transfers.

Free transfers.

Richard Stearman and Phil Jagielka both apparently training with us with a view to joining.
    Could do a lot worse imo.

Pleased to see ANY movement at the mo rA. Stearman looks too much like Marriott for my liking (I'm not a fan of long haired footballers) and Jagielka is nearly our age, but having them 'on approval' is no bad thing, maybe if we'd done that in the past we wouldn't be in such ****

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Pleased to see ANY movement at the mo rA. Stearman looks too much like Marriott for my liking (I'm not a fan of long haired footballers) and Jagielka is nearly our age, but having them 'on approval' is no bad thing, maybe if we'd done that in the past we wouldn't be in such ****
    I don’t care how long, or short, their hair is. Never did Worthington, Best and Charlie George any harm. Marriott was a bit like Sampson...lost all his strength when he cut his hair!

Fair point about Jagielka...hadn’t realised he’ll be 39 by the third match of the season!
    Last edited by ramAnag; 06-07-2021 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I don’t care how long, or short, their hair is. Never did Worthington, Best and Charlie George any harm. Marriott was a bit like Sampson...lost all his strength when he cut his hair!

Fair point about Jagielka...hadn’t realised he’ll be 39 by the third match of the season!
    Maybe I'm just jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Maybe I'm just jealous
    Only two years older than Chiellini...looks about ten years younger. (Jagielka not you!)

Isn't there a 3rd "mature" player training with us as well?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Isn't there a 3rd "mature" player training with us as well?
    Have heard rumours about Ryan Alsopp, Wycombe GK, and Josh Sims from Southampton - though he isn’t old (sorry ‘mature’), MA.
    No little about either of them.
    Watch that leg tonight!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)