+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- NBA Finals

O/T:- NBA Finals

NBA Finals just got underway, Milwaukee v Phoenix, not many would have called that match up

Any interest out there?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 07-07-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    NBA Finals just got underway, Milwaukee v Phoenix, not many would have called that match up

Any interest out there?
    I quite enjoy the NBA. The only downside, just like the NFL is all the stoppages.
    You say not many would call that match up. The Bucks have been a very good side for a couple of years. Top of the conference last season and 3rd this (Miami got to the finals finishing 5th). The Suns on the other hand have been nowhere in previous seasons but were the second best team in their conference.
    I tend to watch the weekend games as they are on TV at a much more reasonable time.
    I see The Suns gave the Bucks a bit of a trouncing on home soil. Expect it to be like that throughout. Though I expect if The Bucks to win once in Phoenix and win the NBA title

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I quite enjoy the NBA. The only downside, just like the NFL is all the stoppages.
    You say not many would call that match up. The Bucks have been a very good side for a couple of years. Top of the conference last season and 3rd this (Miami got to the finals finishing 5th). The Suns on the other hand have been nowhere in previous seasons but were the second best team in their conference.
    I tend to watch the weekend games as they are on TV at a much more reasonable time.
    I see The Suns gave the Bucks a bit of a trouncing on home soil. Expect it to be like that throughout. Though I expect if The Bucks to win once in Phoenix and win the NBA title
    Good stuff. You're right - it is 2 v 3 seed, but most had lost patience/hope with the Bucks because of the way they went out the last 2 years.

Last night's game was never in doubt. Suns pushed the lead up to 20, Bucks got it back to 7 but then the Suns pulled away very quickly.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...s-bucks-report

You're tipping Bucks? I think that'd need a Game 2 win. Very hard to see them taking 4 out of 5 against a really smart team like the Suns. I like both teams. Did you see any of Bucks v Nets? I owe the Bucks for eliminating them, but Suns just have that air of champs about them.

Good stuff. You're right - it is 2 v 3 seed, but most had lost patience/hope with the Bucks because of the way they went out the last 2 years.

Last night's game was never in doubt. Suns pushed the lead up to 20, Bucks got it back to 7 but then the Suns pulled away very quickly.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...s-bucks-report

You're tipping Bucks? I think that'd need a Game 2 win. Very hard to see them taking 4 out of 5 against a really smart team like the Suns. I like both teams. Did you see any of Bucks v Nets? I owe the Bucks for eliminating them, but Suns just have that air of champs about them.
    I have seen bits n bobs throughout the season. The Nets were undone by injuries. Their starting 5 is the best in the league. The issue is their bench was not the same standard, which is where salary caps is a good thing.
    The Suns have had an outstanding season. Last season were 10th and this 2nd, only failing to top their conference by one loss. What a turnaround.
    My tip on The Bucks is going to be largely dependent on the big man Giannis and how ‘healthy’ he really is. I love that term because it feels it has the person well-being as a priority, rather than she/he doesn’t look fit - like it’s their fault.
    The Bucks are not a one man team but when he is on point he is a beast and at times unplayable.

Well he looked good today and after said he was fine - did a Lebronesque chasedown block, check that out. Trouble was the supporting players went back into their shells, nowhere near as aggressive as when he was out.

Karma for the Nets? Durant and Irving make it hard to like them. And then Harden trashed his reputation the way he went out of Houston. I suppose there'll be back next year as favourites, with Lakers, Clippers and Warriors all back too. I'm happy to follow the finals this year without hating some star-packed dynasty or other.

Well he looked good today and after said he was fine - did a Lebronesque chasedown block, check that out. Trouble was the supporting players went back into their shells, nowhere near as aggressive as when he was out.

Karma for the Nets? Durant and Irving make it hard to like them. And then Harden trashed his reputation the way he went out of Houston. I suppose there'll be back next year as favourites, with Lakers, Clippers and Warriors all back too. I'm happy to follow the finals this year without hating some star-packed dynasty or other.
    It’s good to see a couple of the lesser popular franchises in the finals.
    I follow Miami, primarily due to my love of the Dolphins since the 80s. When I wasn’t well as a child they sent loads of merchandise which was very good of them.

I don't get chance to watch much, really, only find out stuff by "osmosis" as I follow the NFL (and the baseball to a point), so largely comes down to anything I hear on PTI, Around the Horn, or Bill Simmons' stuff.

The Suns having turned it round is impressive - particularly considering their ownership has been poor (I assume Sarver is still the owner). The Bucks should have won a title in the last 2-3 years, but it's hard to see CP3 and Booker not getting this done if Antetenkoumpo is carrying an injury.

Sadly it looks like my C's have gone from looking in a good position to build on the Tatum / Brown base, to now not having many options to get over the hill. A bit of bad luck that Danny Ainge's moves to gain lots of assets ended up with several draft picks in a draft that wasn't up to much, and now they are going to struggle with the salary cap and not much room to do anything. Still, it's the NBA, there's always a chance that one of the dumb teams doing something dumb to help out!

PS - Damn right about the Nets. Houston did everything Harden wanted, and he ran away from his own failures. Hope they win nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by pingu_pie View Post
    I don't get chance to watch much, really, only find out stuff by "osmosis" as I follow the NFL (and the baseball to a point), so largely comes down to anything I hear on PTI, Around the Horn, or Bill Simmons' stuff.

The Suns having turned it round is impressive - particularly considering their ownership has been poor (I assume Sarver is still the owner). The Bucks should have won a title in the last 2-3 years, but it's hard to see CP3 and Booker not getting this done if Antetenkoumpo is carrying an injury.

Sadly it looks like my C's have gone from looking in a good position to build on the Tatum / Brown base, to now not having many options to get over the hill. A bit of bad luck that Danny Ainge's moves to gain lots of assets ended up with several draft picks in a draft that wasn't up to much, and now they are going to struggle with the salary cap and not much room to do anything. Still, it's the NBA, there's always a chance that one of the dumb teams doing something dumb to help out!

PS - Damn right about the Nets. Houston did everything Harden wanted, and he ran away from his own failures. Hope they win nothing.
    Yeah Sarver is still there. Apparently he's very tight but will now be boxed into paying Chris Paul a fortune until he's 40

And to think that Harden is only 3rd on that list of villains.
    Durant - petty burner accounts on twitter, threatening an actor and attacking his marriage, the Warriors move
    Irving - walking out without reason for weeks, breaking Covid rules, refusing to talk to 'pawns', stomping on the Cs Logo
    This pair's lists go on and on. Everybody's wanting them to lose! Grabbing the 'buy-out' cheats is another thing. One of the sporting highlights of the year for me, seeing the Bucks knock them out

I'm also an NFL man, second favourite sport after proper football obviously.

In terms NBA I was massively into it back in mid/late 90s, absolutely loved it seemed so exciting so different to anything else and with superstars with real personalities. I spent about 5 years hoping someone would beat the all dominating Bulls. Loved that era with Malone, Kemp, Barkley, Stockton, Payton, Olajuwon, Ewing, Starks, Miller etc

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    It’s good to see a couple of the lesser popular franchises in the finals.
    I follow Miami, primarily due to my love of the Dolphins since the 80s. When I wasn’t well as a child they sent loads of merchandise which was very good of them.
    Well you'll always get good value with the Heat. Mine is Memphis. But even with Morant I found them too boring to watch this year so saw more of the Wizards and Westbrook's crazed style of basketball.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast