+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: God is Italian

God is Italian

SO the Italian papers say. Mama came from north of Udine......ITALIA. Italy v England?. Classic coming. I bet a pound England won t win tonight, from 1966 onwards, they lack the final, Gladitorial, killer touch.

They are soft. You watch. And yes, i back England, but im not stupid.

If you are aware of Italian cussing, which almost always involves god, and by jiminy, its bad, God will refuse Italian citizenship.

Do you believe in an interventional God Frank or do you believe that he doesn't get involved?

I was listening to Nick Caves Into My Arms and it got me thinking about it, he's also stated that he believes in God despite religion not because of it,interesting view to which I can concur

Near death experiencers all say we are here for a reason. When that reason or reasons have been fulfilled, then we move on. Upon dying many are given a choice whether to come back or not. Many who come back try to inform the rest of us that dying is not that, but a transition.

We are not aware of our mission on earth, but there is one. Now being old, i would not have chosen this life path at ten, not in a million years. Apparently we choose the life we lead, and many, choose a life to full of problems, too many problems.

The reason for this is to get it all done so we dont have to come back, something i certainly can concur with. I have never enjoyed this life, i see to much suffering, not my own but others.

I think god can be interventional depending on whether your role has been fulfilled, or not. I was brought up a catholic, but im not blind to its faults of which there are many. Be careful, you are creating your future today.

Some of the least interesting Italian cusses involving god, include calling god a pig, a dirty dog, and --ck god. Charming.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post

I have never enjoyed this life, i see to much suffering, not my own but others.

I think god can be interventional depending on whether your role has been fulfilled,

Be careful, you are creating your future today.
    I also agree on some of your views Frank

I'm with you concerning not enjoying this life,I'm constantly amazed when I see old people happy together for 60 years or whatever,I'm presuming that they've lived a privileged life and have chosen to ignore all that is going on around them,animal cruelty is very upsetting for me,it brings a tear to my eye how people can be so cruel just because they can

I'm just can't make my mind up whether God intervenes or not,I hope that he does because that means that there's a reason for whatever has happened but if God can intervene then it's only logical that the devil can to which is also a worry,I think that old nick always holds the upper hand in the cards of life and I wouldn't be surprised if we've crossed paths at sometime in my past

I believe in fate,if it has been scheduled that I croak it twelve months from now then that's when it will be,you can't avoid it,I've never been scared of death because I see it as the next part of the journey,if there's nothing after here then I'm going to be hugely disappointed

I skip through the foreign news channels in the morning, Al Jazzera is good for reporting news we dont get on english channels, and the turkish one.

You can see old nick at work there. I dont know if old Nick is a separate entity from god or not, near death people dont mention it. The role of old nick is to make us suffer, that unless we feel pain, we never grow or develop.
    The thing that depresses me is that if old nick is a separate entity then the wars we fight here are still being fought in the afterlife.

In the lords prayer it does state that his will be done on earth as it is in heaven, so i wont be surprised that there might future battles up there to come.

His will being done will not happen without a fight. Im tired in this life, never mind more struggle ahead. Our life is coming to an end chalky, there is far less ahead than behind. Are you pleased with your life,? have you hurt people?, have you been evil? I know i have.

What have you learned?

In the bath this morning, there were two wispy spiders, there are a lot around here, obviously thirsty. I gently placed them somewhere safe. 99 percent of people would have crushed those spiders without thinking, even enjoy doing it. They dont see a mother and son or daughter in trouble.

That is what this world is about. If you watch the foreign news channels, its not spiders, but people. I think we are on the right road.

I reckon that I've got five years left if I'm lucky,long life is only hereditary on our family female side and I'm thankful for that,the trouble with working in a hospital is that you see death for what is and how it happens,I've literally seen six people die in front of my eyes and it stays with you,I've seen nurses who have been doing nursing for decades still get upset over it,those who die in their sleep are blessed

I don't think that I've hurt anybody,I definitely haven't physically hurt anyone as I'm a wimp,fighting just isn't me,who knows if I've hurt someone emotionally or mentally,I hope that I haven't but you never really know do you, emotional scars never heal properly and I'm speaking from experience,I've told people what I think of them and instantly regretted it,you look in their eyes and see the pain and wish that you could rewind five minutes and bite your tongue,are you as free with your tongue in real life as you are on here or is it just bravado knowing that you can get away with it,when I was on Facebook I deliberately invited posters from here to join me as I wanted to see what they was really like and I was surprised and delighted to see that they are great people in real life,good family men who are extremely funny,I really enjoyed seeing the other side of them to what they showed on here,most gave the impression that they couldn't give a s.hit when they posted on here but they've got a very sensitive and caring side when you get to know them,I met one once who wasn't on Facebook and he was the total opposite of what I expected in every way possible, hopefully Frank you are the same

I used to think that, that it was only me that got hurt. Not now. I reckon its the same for you, its true of everybody. It takes honesty to open your eyes. The older i have got, the less forgiving and harder ive become i am not even close to the person i was at 18.

I dont know which one is better. Arnt you supposed to mellow the older you get.?. I used to be to forgiving, too tolerant, because you think people are basically good, and it wont take much for people to realise how wrong they are.

That is nonsense. That has repeated itself tlil i am what i am now. That has been my life lesson. Not to act in your own best interests is a big mistake, or express yourself for yourself and others. If i had my childhood again with the mind i have now, well, ill stop there.

This world is evil, not taking sides makes you a waste of space. I am glad you have spoken your mind. I saw a film recently that expressed it well, it said that if you take crap and do nothing, it becomes a cancer in you. Alex Ferguson said something similar.

You should inflict more pain, its what changes those people and us. And yet jesus said to turn the other cheek, done that, doesnt work.

Turning the other cheek wont work with the Krays, or any number of criminals, or most families, they wont get it, people see it as weakness, not wisdom and maturity. I sense you are like i used to be......maybe you would feel better, and live longer if you started asserting yourself, taking control, because if you dont someone else will.

Realise where you are. This is not a good world.

I've always lived by the motto of turn the other cheek and it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't but if it does then it's been worth it,I couldn't be nasty to people just for the sake of it,hurting people would only hurt me more and who wants to live longer anyway,like I said when your time is up it's up,there's no bartering
    Tbh I rarely talk to people now,I've always been a loner but I'm honestly not be bothered about contact with people as I get older,I loved it when the country went into lockdown 😊

I've just looked in my phone contacts,there's six people in there,three sisters,two friends and an old bloke who I talk to down the Trent,I like listening to his stories of when he was younger,he makes me laugh and Coco loves him,he's earnt the right to be included in there,I can imagine that Griffs mum has some fantastic stories to tell 😎

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)