+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The future

The future

Great to see the young players signing up. Hopefully another Dwight McNeil or two in there.

But what about the present? The senior squad needs strengthening and refreshing. Lots of speculation about older players (Wayne Hennessy is the latest). Surely there must be some younger talent out there who, like Josh, can fit into the senior squad and gain experience of the PL. Another Charlie Taylor type, age wise.

Hello and welcome Swiss, not sure about all the young players coming in, yes you may find another McNeil but they generally fall into what Sinkov calls the black hole.

I'd like to see some decent players signed for the first team, you mention Josh Brownhill who for me is (not yet) not PL standard, he may be getting PL experience but we need players who are a lot better than Brownhill, a hard task I know but we do need it.

Welcome to the board Swiss.

Alto is very hard to please Swiss. 😇

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Great to see the young players signing up. Hopefully another Dwight McNeil or two in there.

But what about the present? The senior squad needs strengthening and refreshing. Lots of speculation about older players (Wayne Hennessy is the latest). Surely there must be some younger talent out there who, like Josh, can fit into the senior squad and gain experience of the PL. Another Charlie Taylor type, age wise.

Swiss....is it, that the older guys aren't too concerned where they go, as long as they get to stay in the PL...on PL wages, as for the younger.....knowing how Sean Zedung runs the farm - if they have the choice, would they seek more satisfying fruitage ?....I know I would.

big chunky lait suisse choco - got any spare ?

Bonjour and Wilkomme.

I'm confused. We are filling Barnfield up with youngsters, which is all well and good, but we are desperately in need of first team squad reinforcements and from what I see, apart from Collins we have achieved the square root of f*ck all.

Brady gone. Gibson gone. Dunne gone. Stephens done. JBG NHS case. Rigg AWOL. Dyche MIA.

WTF is going on?

Welcome Swiss.

What do you expect BT ? This is the Burnley way of doing things. As Norder say what is there to attract younger talented players to Burnley our record in playing them in the first team is rather poor even when we had secured games like at Wolves that was a time to give the younger player some experience but our manager decided against doing that.

Lets be optimistic Messi is available on a free transfer and is in the right age group for Dyche. Unfortunately he would need to be paid his going wage which mean he is ruled out before being considered.

At this point we are worse off that at the same time last season, lets hope there are some diamond transfers in the pipe line.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    What do you expect BT ? This is the Burnley way of doing things. As Norder say what is there to attract younger talented players to Burnley our record in playing them in the first team is rather poor even when we had secured games like at Wolves that was a time to give the younger player some experience but our manager decided against doing that.

Lets be optimistic Messi is available on a free transfer and is in the right age group for Dyche. Unfortunately he would need to be paid his going wage which mean he is ruled out before being considered.

At this point we are worse off that at the same time last season, lets hope there are some diamond transfers in the pipe line.
    I hoped for and to be honest VC I expected Pace & Co to be better than Garlick & Co, but it looks like we simply cannot break the "Little Old Burnley" mold.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm confused. We are filling Barnfield up with youngsters, which is all well and good, but we are desperately in need of first team squad reinforcements and from what I see, apart from Collins we have achieved the square root of f*ck all.

Brady gone. Gibson gone. Dunne gone. Stephens done. JBG NHS case. Rigg AWOL. Dyche MIA.

WTF is going on?

Welcome Swiss.
    Just another day at the Turf Moor office BT. I posted a couple of weeks ago that Garlick had gone but nothing had changed. You gave me a mild ticking off, and said it was time I moved on from Garlick, I said I would when BFC did. Now you've realised I was right, you always come round to my way of thinking in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Just another day at the Turf Moor office BT. I posted a couple of weeks ago that Garlick had gone but nothing had changed. You gave me a mild ticking off, and said it was time I moved on from Garlick, I said I would when BFC did. Now you've realised I was right, you always come round to my way of thinking in the end.
    We all need to move on from the Garlick era I think sinkov, especially the powers that be at BFC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)