+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Euro 2021 PL - Fixture for Sunday July 11th

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    I can sympathise with Saka and Sancho but Rashford spent too long showboating, a case of wrong place wrong time
    That was weird the commentator said rashford had a few tricks in his penalty taking. That was comedy in slow motion, As the keeper was already on the ground before he played with the ball. I would love to see what other tricks he has.

The goal is 8 feet tall by 8 yards wide.

There are logically areas of it that no goalkeeper could possibly ever get to even if you were to take a bit of pace off of your shot to preserve accuracy.

So, there's never any need to dick about, unless your intention is to either showboat or make the goalkeeper look foolish.

I'm not saying that's what happened yesterday as clearly nerves came into play.

That said, no-one could've stopped Maguire's penalty even if he hadn't hit it like he was intending to put it into an entirely different postcode.

Those three lads are going to have a hard time. For a long time.

Always thought the best option was to drill it high and hard into the centre of the goal.Very rarely does a keeper not dive one way or the other. If he is still good enough to throw a hand up high in that region to deflect the ball, then it deserves a save! Not that you should do it for every penalty take, as keepers study a lot of replays, so doubt still needs to come into play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Always thought the best option was to drill it high and hard into the centre of the goal.Very rarely does a keeper not dive one way or the other. If he is still good enough to throw a hand up high in that region to deflect the ball, then it deserves a save! Not that you should do it for every penalty take, as keepers study a lot of replays, so doubt still needs to come into play.
    Yep, that's one of the spots worth considering. However, it doesn't look good when it goes wrong.

I know it's a bit new age, but it didn't seem to me as if our takers did much in the way of mindfulness exercises before taking their kicks in order for them to block out the wider environment and focus on the job in hand.

You would've thought they had sports psychologists on hand to help with such things?

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Anyone else glad that Jorginho missed his? Not that it made any difference at the end of the day, but his antics leading up to his kicks really get on my tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Yep, that's one of the spots worth considering. However, it doesn't look good when it goes wrong.

I know it's a bit new age, but it didn't seem to me as if our takers did much in the way of mindfulness exercises before taking their kicks in order for them to block out the wider environment and focus on the job in hand.

You would've thought they had sports psychologists on hand to help with such things?

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Anyone else glad that Jorginho missed his? Not that it made any difference at the end of the day, but his antics leading up to his kicks really get on my tits.
    We played too conservatively and drove the Skoda when the Ferrari was sitting on the sidelines ready to win the race.

Fair play to Italy very accomplished side who can play more than one way.

Aim for the top bend of the goal's supporting stanchion, ignore the goalkeeper and don't change your mind.

Gives you a few inches of leeway beyond the reach of any goalkeeper without bringing the goal frame into play.

Simple, innit?

(I guess not, so I'll shut up)

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Aim for the top bend of the goal's supporting stanchion, ignore the goalkeeper and don't change your mind.

Gives you a few inches of leeway beyond the reach of any goalkeeper without bringing the goal frame into play.

Simple, innit?

(I guess not, so I'll shut up)
    Your first word 'aim' is off to a very bad start.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)