+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting film facts

Interesting film facts

Picked up a few facts watching a documentary about Quentin Tarantino the other night. Thought I'd share and see if any of you guys have any more.

If you don't, feel free to make some up.

The blade that 'the bride' pulls from her cowboy boot in Kill Bill is the same knife used to de-ear the cop in Reservoir Dogs.

I've forgotten the rest.

The great uncle of one of the props buyers on Apollo 13 was from Froghall, and he maintained links with family members in the city.

Since the ill-fated craft lifted off on 10 April 1970, the prop buyer sneaked a facsimile copy of the Green Final’s front page from the following evening, announcing the Dons’ triumph over the Parkhead stinkies. on to the set. He had it placed on the floor of Jim Lovell’s adolescent daughter’s bedroom when she threw the strop about Paul McCartney having filed whatever was required to end The Beatles the day before.

I’ve not seen the clip/discarded scene, but I trust my source.

Tremendous film. My second visit to Hampden, but among the best ever.

Dr Haing S. Ngor who played Dirth Pan in the Killing Fields had no acting experience prior to making the film and ended up walking away with an Oscar.

He was himself a prisoner of the Khmer Rouge where his wife, also a prisoner died during child birth, unable to ask for his help as it would expose him.

He was shot dead in the 90s.

Bob Monkhouse did a voice in the movie "Thurnderbirds are Go".

I dinna really watch films but I did watch them making a sci fi thing in my street once.
    Zombies rule the world or something.

Nah, Spectral, that was it.

I’ve never watched the film.

Donsdaft accidentally appears looking out a window in the sci-fi film Spectral.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Thought I recognised him. Should have known when in post apocalyptic New York there was some fella hanging out his window shouting "**** off pooves".

Tarantino likes to use the name Antonio Margharetti in his films. In Inglorius when Brad Pitt and his 'cameramen' are entering the cinema to take out Hitler and his henchmen one of his camera assistants uses the name.

It pops up again in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, used as a director of one of the films that Dicaprios character stars in on his trip to Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Very nearly , especially if they used take 26 or take 27

Canna say it looked very glamorous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Thought I recognised him. Should have known when in post apocalyptic New York there was some fella hanging out his window shouting "**** off pooves".
    If you look closely you can see him shaking his fist at the director. At least I think it's his fist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast