+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PCR & Antigen Tests for travellers & Football Fans currently ?

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post

I was in the under 35 age group and voted to remain in Brexit 2016 but I'm far to polite to express the same opinion as you Joel but thank you for expressing it for me.

Had a decent job for my age before Brexit & found myself on the scrap-heap of roll on council contracts,job loss,wrong illness diagnosis on wrong medication.But thank God for the NHS staff as I they gave me the best they had.

Lucky enough to sell on my central York flat quickly for profit from a cash Chinese buyer and now eventually working again medication free advising/serving mostly wealthy Parisians on their hol's.I'm in the 11% tax banding of €10,085 - €25,710 so not a bad wage to take home plus a big cash bonus for singing twice a week for pre-booked parties which is useful.Same system gets me a further tax break as my doggie is registered here as a therapy dog and that here is classed as a working dog.
    I know how you feel mate.
    We will keep the foreigners out from taking our jobs..........but if they've got money and can ramp up our housing prices and price people out of living in their cities then why not. ****ing outrage. All we've done is stop foreign workers for our hospitality business from coming in whilst shed loads of people illegaly cross and claim what they want.

I voted remain, I'd vote remain again.

I was in the under 35 age group and voted to remain in Brexit 2016 but I'm far to polite to express the same opinion as you Joel but thank you for expressing it for me.

Had a decent job for my age before Brexit & found myself on the scrap-heap of roll on council contracts,job loss,wrong illness diagnosis on wrong medication.But thank God for the NHS staff as I they gave me the best they had.

Lucky enough to sell on my central York flat quickly for profit from a cash Chinese buyer and now eventually working again medication free advising/serving mostly wealthy Parisians on their hol's.I'm in the 11% tax banding of €10,085 - €25,710 so not a bad wage to take home plus a big cash bonus for singing twice a week for pre-booked parties which is useful.Same system gets me a further tax break as my doggie is registered here as a therapy dog and that here is classed as a working dog.
    I know how you feel mate.
    Sold to the Chinese

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Sold to the Chinese

York has 20,000 students over 4,000 are from outside of the UK representing more than 150 countries and 2700 are from China studying a range of subjects including Management, Education, Economics, English and Sociology.

In York since Brexit Chinese investors are purchasing property for the express purpose of housing their children while they study in the UK and then they'll rent them out again to new students from China and many Chinese investment companies have built new accommodation buildings in York to cater for their students as well.

Since 2016 the UK Government has got investors from China to build thousands of homes in Manchester,Sheffield,Liverpool,Leeds and York - student wise the UK is number one choice for the Chinese.

York is a popular safe city for them and to be honest every new building in York is a 3 storey block of flats or hotel funded by foreign investment and the French hotel group Accor have just refurbished York's old Aviva Insurance HQ into their largest hotel in Europe.

Sellers market Billy - the Estate Agent had a buyers list ready and waiting for my flat.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    We will keep the foreigners out from taking our jobs..........but if they've got money and can ramp up our housing prices and price people out of living in their cities then why not. ****ing outrage. All we've done is stop foreign workers for our hospitality business from coming in whilst shed loads of people illegaly cross and claim what they want.

I voted remain, I'd vote remain again.
    👍

Lifting UK Covid restrictions next week.

Anyone who has been in France in the previous 10 days will need to quarantine on arrival to England in their own accommodation and will need a day two and day eight test regardless of their vaccination status - I've only just arrived !

The recent U.K. Government advice on Covid was not exactly very clear for me as a visitor arrival earlier this week apart from the fact they're happy for me to spend my money when in town with or without mask on.
    What the hell did the message 'urging caution' actually mean - anyone know ?
    Surely it's important that everybody knows the best possible advice when in the UK.

Denmark relaxed its rules last month and this week reimposed them and France has now announced that all health care workers in the country must be fully vaccinated against Covid 19 by Sept 15th 2021 or risk not being paid.The requirement applies to doctors, nurses, office staff and volunteers while health passes showing a vaccination or a recent negative test will be needed by the public to access shops,bars,cinemas and long distance train/bus journeys.France is now seeing an increase in the Beta S.African variant and the U.K.has now acted on that news as I've arrived - so why now ?

India wasn't on the UK red list at the same time as Pakistan and Bangladesh I've read which allowed that awful Delta variant into UK which Europe to date has managed to control well.

There appears to be no clear advice on what one should do now I'm in England from a visitor perspective as Govt says one thing & Dr's another & public transport operators not really able to give any advice about measures after 19th July 2021 let alone advice on attending football matches come August.

Anyone who has been in France in the previous 10 days will need to quarantine on arrival to England in their own accommodation and will need a day two and day eight test regardless of their vaccination status - I've only just arrived !

The recent U.K. Government advice on Covid was not exactly very clear for me as a visitor arrival earlier this week apart from the fact they're happy for me to spend my money when in town with or without mask on.
    Surely it's important that everybody knows the best possible advice when in the UK.

Denmark relaxed its rules last month and this week reimposed them and France has now announced that all health care workers in the country must be fully vaccinated against Covid 19 by Sept 15th 2021 or risk not being paid.The requirement applies to doctors, nurses, office staff and volunteers while health passes showing a vaccination or a recent negative test will be needed by the public to access shops,bars,cinemas and long distance train/bus journeys.France is now seeing an increase in the Beta S.African variant and the U.K.has now acted on that news as I've arrived - so why now ?

India wasn't on the UK red list at the same time as Pakistan and Bangladesh I've read which allowed that awful Delta variant into UK which Europe to date has managed to control well.

There appears to be no clear advice on what one should do now I'm in England from a visitor perspective as Govt says one thing & Dr's another & public transport operators not really able to give any advice about measures after 19th July 2021 let alone advice on attending football matches come August.
    If the EU was less obsessed with beating up the UK for Brexit then maybe they would be able to focus om an effective vaccination programme that by now (as in the the UK) would have delivered an adult population vaccination figure (fully vaccinated!) of 70%, whereas what is actually the case is half that, shame on the EU. Only when we are ALL vaccinated will we be properly protected, but the EU is more focussed on punishing the UK for Brexit, not protecting its citizens from Covid, shame on the EU

Get France double vaccinated, end of!

To be fair the politicians have a fairly complex problem to deal with which continues to evolve and present new challenges

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    If the EU was less obsessed with beating up the UK for Brexit then maybe they would be able to focus om an effective vaccination programme that by now (as in the the UK) would have delivered an adult population vaccination figure (fully vaccinated!) of 70%, whereas what is actually the case is half that, shame on the EU. Only when we are ALL vaccinated will we be properly protected, but the EU is more focussed on punishing the UK for Brexit, not protecting its citizens from Covid, shame on the EU
    Their shame recognises no bounds.

Not into political sniping was just relaying an observation on my arrival into Yorkshire England & the differing rules interpretations before attending the British Grand Prix at Silverstone with my cousins.

From the French perspective 80% of the French delay in vaccination rollout was due to delivery issues & three week wait for clearance to use the Astra Zeneca batches after Brussels openly clashed with AstraZeneca after the company said its first-quarter promises of 80 million doses would in reality amount to less than half as many due to what it called technical issues at that time.
    France obviously relied on the coordinated approach of the EU level for the purchase of doses with each country receiving doses proportionally to its population.Yes, the French refused to accept the Astra Zeneca batches made in India as well.

Saying all that the latest actual vaccination figures for both jabs given are below.
    27.1m of France have had both jabs.
    35.5m of UK have had both jabs. (England 29,911411).
    The stats state France has a slightly larger overall population by 2m.

17.5 % of French population are aged under 15 and are getting jabs already as are all French 12/18 year olds which I understand is not so in UK yet.
    I tend to read the European press nowadays and keep in touch with English news by my friends back in England for a wider opinion.

https://www.euronews.com/2021/07/12/...eading-the-way

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)