+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PCR & Antigen Tests for travellers & Football Fans currently ?

PCR & Antigen Tests for travellers & Football Fans currently ?

Back in sunny Yorkshire next week for a family event and cannot understand why the English travel PCR & Antigen tests are not free to Uk residents ?

They are both free in France if your a resident and you only pay a cost €49 (£42) for a PCR or €29 (£24) for the Antigen test if your not covered by any French social security payments.

€200 (£170) from Nantes to Leeds/Bradford return flight so hopefully will be able to get back over again for a few games in between work shifts.

Foreign tourists and visitors are no longer be eligible for free Covid tests in France after the government scrapped free testing for non-residents blaming a "lack of reciprocity" from other countries - previously on our local beach Government workers where handing out free test kits for tourists to use until July.

Not sure how much these tests are in countries of which our support arrives from but I've heard the PCR can cost around €120 in Spain ? £120 in the UK ?and €300 in Sweden ?

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post

Back in sunny Yorkshire next week for a family event and cannot understand why the English travel PCR & Antigen tests are not free to Uk residents ?

They are both free in France if your a resident and you only pay a cost €49 (£42) for a PCR or €29 (£24) for the Antigen test if your not covered by any French social security payments.

€200 (£170) from Nantes to Leeds/Bradford return flight so hopefully will be able to get back over again for a few games in between work shifts.

Foreign tourists and visitors are no longer be eligible for free Covid tests in France after the government scrapped free testing for non-residents blaming a "lack of reciprocity" from other countries - previously on our local beach Government workers where handing out free test kits for tourists to use until July.

Not sure how much these tests are in countries of which our support arrives from but I've heard the PCR can cost around €120 in Spain ? £120 in the UK ?and €300 in Sweden ?
    You really can't understand why they're not free?

Fact it cost me nearly £250 for the tests and day 5 one is a ****ing wind up as a British Citizen but hey, we need to line the pockets of more private companies. I'd happily have paid the NHS that, well I would be pissed I was paying it but at least I could stomach it going back to the people who have suffered most through all this rather than some tory ****s offshore account.

This **** is why I left, country is an embarassment

Be prepared to be paying back for the rest of your life.
    In any country!

Here in Indiana if you give blood (a pint) they run full screens.

I know some people can't give and the timing may not be right for some travelers but lets me know.

I had it early on and have been vaccinated so I throw a low level antigen but they say they still use my blood.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post

Fact it cost me nearly £250 for the tests and day 5 one is a ****ing wind up as a British Citizen but hey, we need to line the pockets of more private companies. I'd happily have paid the NHS that, well I would be pissed I was paying it but at least I could stomach it going back to the people who have suffered most through all this rather than some tory ****s offshore account.

We're not all fortunate enough to be able to leave, and many wouldn't choose to if they were (me included). Every country in the planet has its faults, the good old US of A being well up with the best in that count. At least here you can turn up at A & E with anything and get treated and if it needs oncology, re-constructive surgery, prosthetics etc etc, you don't have to show you have health insurance before you get treatment.

This country is NOT and embarrassment, now or ever. We don't have kids with legally held assault rifles killing scores of their schoolmates, nor ghettos in our major cities, nor large scale modern-day slavery where i
    "Illegals" are exploited by their (mainly white) employers.

It's not perfect anywhere, let's not pretend it is.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    We're not all fortunate enough to be able to leave, and many wouldn't choose to if they were (me included). Every country in the planet has its faults, the good old US of A being well up with the best in that count. At least here you can turn up at A & E with anything and get treated and if it needs oncology, re-constructive surgery, prosthetics etc etc, you don't have to show you have health insurance before you get treatment.

This country is NOT and embarrassment, now or ever. We don't have kids with legally held assault rifles killing scores of their schoolmates, nor ghettos in our major cities, nor large scale modern-day slavery where i

I agree mate, find it hard to knock the UK health system, not perfect maybe but much more efficient then lots of countries around the globe.

You've parroted the media and government talking points well. You really should consider moving to the US. You'd probably be really happy.

First off, most gun crimes in the US are committed by criminals that can't legally own or possess a gun. The highest gun crime rate consistently occur in "gun free zones". No one, but police, can legally use a gun in those cities. Of course, criminals don't really care about laws do they?

Second, "kids can't own/possess a semi automatic. I assume that's what you mean by an "assault weapon". There really is no such thing. You have to be a minimum of 18 to own or possess a gun and many areas have the minimum age at 21. You are subject to a stringent FBI background check which included criminal and medical (mental illness). Not many kids are 21. Of course, an 18 year old can go fight and die for the US, sign a contract, vote or drive.

Third, and most important. The US does not allow guns to put food on the table or defend your household (although that is a huge benefit) but grants that right to fight the tyranny of government. You think we'd have any freedoms at all left if over 60% of the population did not own a gun here? I think you and I both know the answer to that. It's also why they try to take guns and ammo away from us any way they can. They will never stop until they succeed. Every dictatorship or autocratic government depends on a defenseless population. It's been that way since we left the caves. It's the first thing that every country does on the way to an autocratic government. Of course, this is always presented as "keeping the population safe". they usually also reference "for the children".

You can also brush up on what happens to countries that take the guns away "for safety" end up with. Start with Venezuela, Cuba, Pre war Germany and countless middle east and african countries.

And yes, most of the 50 million people that own "assault weapons" (AR-15) own them to kill as many people as possible if the shooting starts. You might want to ask your friends in law enforcement where they will be when the power goes out for an extended period, the government decides to "collect the guns", when the government checks bounce or a huge natural disaster occurs. I'll give you a hint. It won't be coming to your house because you called them. They will be going home to protect their loved ones. In the county that I'll be retiring to over 85% of the population owns a gun. They have not had a gun crime in 20 years. That last ones involved some criminals from Chicago robbing the local bar. They were killed where they stood.

The AR is one of the lowest kill rate guns but that would change instantly if they are ever needed.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    You've parroted the media and government talking points well. You really should consider moving to the US. You'd probably be really happy.

First off, most gun crimes in the US are committed by criminals that can't legally own or possess a gun. The highest gun crime rate consistently occur in "gun free zones". No one, but police, can legally use a gun in those cities. Of course, criminals don't really care about laws do they?

Second, "kids can't own/possess a semi automatic. I assume that's what you mean by an "assault weapon". There really is no such thing. You have to be a minimum of 18 to own or possess a gun and many areas have the minimum age at 21. You are subject to a stringent FBI background check which included criminal and medical (mental illness). Not many kids are 21. Of course, an 18 year old can go fight and die for the US, sign a contract, vote or drive.

Third, and most important. The US does not allow guns to put food on the table or defend your household (although that is a huge benefit) but grants that right to fight the tyranny of government. You think we'd have any freedoms at all left if over 60% of the population did not own a gun here? I think you and I both know the answer to that. It's also why they try to take guns and ammo away from us any way they can. They will never stop until they succeed. Every dictatorship or autocratic government depends on a defenseless population. It's been that way since we left the caves. It's the first thing that every country does on the way to an autocratic government. Of course, this is always presented as "keeping the population safe". they usually also reference "for the children".

You can also brush up on what happens to countries that take the guns away "for safety" end up with. Start with Venezuela, Cuba, Pre war Germany and countless middle east and african countries.

And yes, most of the 50 million people that own "assault weapons" (AR-15) own them to kill as many people as possible if the shooting starts. You might want to ask your friends in law enforcement where they will be when the power goes out for an extended period, the government decides to "collect the guns", when the government checks bounce or a huge natural disaster occurs. I'll give you a hint. It won't be coming to your house because you called them. They will be going home to protect their loved ones. In the county that I'll be retiring to over 85% of the population owns a gun. They have not had a gun crime in 20 years. That last ones involved some criminals from Chicago robbing the local bar. They were killed where they stood.

The AR is one of the lowest kill rate guns but that would change instantly if they are ever needed.
    There is no more need for a nation such as the UK to have the laws we have on gun ownership than your post.

As for those in UK law enforcement and their views on the lunacy that represents that part of the constitution that relates to the "right to bear arms", I KNOW they dread such a state of affairs ever pertaining to the UK.

Paranoia isn't an adequate excuse for the tens of thousands who are killed each year by those in the USA who possess legitimately held weapons designed for no other purpose than to kill, if all colours, creeds, religions.

Freedom isn't defended by guns, the founding fathers knew that, but by education, equality, and a commitment to freedom for all. Ask the ghosts of those who died in WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and all the other sh1tfests that have occurred around the world what a bullet does. It's designed and used to kill, nothing more, nothing less.

Wake up, smell the coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post

I was in the under 35 age group and voted to remain in Brexit 2016 but I'm far to polite to express the same opinion as you Joel but thank you for expressing it for me.

Had a decent job for my age before Brexit & found myself on the scrap-heap of roll on council contracts,job loss,wrong illness diagnosis on wrong medication.But thank God for the NHS staff as I they gave me the best they had.

Lucky enough to sell on my central York flat quickly for profit from a cash Chinese buyer and now eventually working again medication free advising/serving mostly wealthy Parisians on their hol's.I'm in the 11% tax banding of €10,085 - €25,710 so not a bad wage to take home plus a big cash bonus for singing twice a week for pre-booked parties which is useful.Same system gets me a further tax break as my doggie is registered here as a therapy dog and that here is classed as a working dog.
    I know how you feel mate.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post

Yep till the NHS is farmed off and privatised like they have been trying for years. You already can't get a GP appointment for love nor money and absolute LOL if you want a dental appointment without going private these days.

No, we just have kids starving to death and people sleeping rough whilst tax dodging ****wits are being given 50m+ to run shame companies because they're mates of tories oh and lets make a super yacht and spruce up Buckingham Palace and Parliament for couple hundred million each whilst Marcus Rashford tries to convince the government to let kids eat for free at school and not have them starving.

I used to really like England but it is more and more turning into America Lite, a brigade of woke warriors vs a lunacy of skinhead nutjobs with some sane level headed people in the middle all lead by the most corrupt incompetent spineless cowards we have. Nowhere is perfect but I'd rather live a LOT of other places the way it currently is. Brexit as well........jesus.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)