+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team Choices v Italy

Congrats to Italia, they were the best team. Beakies luck ran out and his gamble on pens ran well short with Sancho, Rashford and Zaka. Bring on the prem season and the real world.

Yep - Italy deserved it the gameplan didn't work, why he took Rice off is a mystery to be, he was having a great game.

I don't see what Mount has brought to this tournament to get so much game time.

We didn’t deserve to win, after that spineless 2nd half performance. Whatever Mount brings to a football match is beyond me. His constant selection baffles me, as does the lack of game-time given to Calvert-Lewin, Jack, and Judy.

Fluke swings a leg at a ball, scores, and all of his incredibly erratic and shoddy defending is forgiven.

I hear that Neville and Keane are moaning about kids taking pens, well ar5eholes, if they’re old enough to have more caps, and continuously get selected over Jack, then they’re old enough to take a pen ahead of him.

Glad it’s over tbh. I just hope that Sky Sports News gets rid of its goofy YouTubers, Es*** kn0bs, and the Haribo girl.

UTV

Well the morning after the night before......England fans trashing London and bringing the name of the game down again with racist abuse! The whole of Europe will be smiling today with our name being mud...maybe next time, if there is a next time, Ban drinking and gathering for so called fans without tickets. You will always get them, it kicked off in my local, idiots who cannot hold their beer. Yes glad its over, its been good without being spectacular.
    There will be an inquest to what went wrong but it looks like Beaky will hang around for the WC, at least no fans will misbehave where thats been held!
    Chin guys and girls the prem season kicks off in just 4 weeks.

My kids have been calling me a buzzkill throughout the competition, because of Southgate awful team selection. That team last night was an absolute travesty! I was thinking about the managers in the premier league and could only think of one who would have used such negative tactics and that would be Steve Bruce! we all know how good that feels. to pick 343 line-up with the players we have available is an obscene mis-use of talent. 5 defenders, 2 holding midfielders and a centre forward who had no touches in the penalty area and Mount doing whatever he does, not sure what that is, leaves just Sterling to carry our threat. 5'4" of attacking menace. An absolute joke. Southgate choked it. went out not to lose, he didn't lose. So the plan worked given his criteria. The Italians had old defenders and would not have stood a chance against grealish, foden and the other world class talent we have available. The hype is Southgate did a marvelous job... Well, for me he bottled it.

Jack has angrily tweeted about letting Sako take a pen and him not. "I told the gaffer I would take one but he said no" thats possibly because he did not want Jack grabbing the headlines?

Does Grealish have some 'improper' photos of Safegate cos for the life of me I can't think why he won't play him from the start.

Can you Imagine someone new like David Moyes taking over, Grealish would be first on the list. People say Southgate can be Nasty, I would say More like Bitchy, Sterling and Mount were awful last night so, why was he not ruthless and take them both off after 60 mins? Oh no, cannot do that, so it proves he has his favourites!
    I just hope Jack thinks hard about any potential move, if he wants to play each week, he must stay at the Villa..

I also think we've been lucky to get to the final. With exception of the Ukraine game we haven't really dominated any of the teams we've played. If Thomas Muller had not had that uncharacteristic miss then Germany may well have gone on to win that game.
    I know football is all about 'ifs' and 'buts' however Safegates reluctance to let loose our flair players cost us in the end.
    We need a manager that can get the balance right and is not scared of taking the game to the opposition.
    We had the ideal start last night so we knew Italy had to come at us, but instead of going for the kill we sat back and everyone could see that they would equalise sooner or later. It was so frustrating!

Jack doesn't take pens for us so that may have been in Southgate's mind, but Saka has never taken one either so I am baffled why he didn't choose Sterling. Neither Saka or Sancho missed of course, it was a nice height for the keeper and not close enough to the post.

Rashford - deary me, absolute clown trying to be clever with the most important kick of his life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)