+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team Choices v Italy

Team Choices v Italy

2 changes for me.
    Gealish for Saka but play him on the left.
    Henderson for Rice, he was very poor v Denmark.
    Or will Beaky pick the same team?
    I smell a penalty drama!!

I can’t see Jack starting mate, I think that manure’s new superstar is more likely to start.

Will Southgate’s luck hold out against Italy? I hope so. Not sure that it’ll bury my ghosts of traveling to 82, 86, 88, 90 & 92, but it will certainly dig the hole for them.

C’mon Eng-er-land!!!

I know im hoping but England definately looked more of a threatwhen Jack came on and Sterling switching to the right!

100% mate.

Sterling looks a far better option playing on the right and his pace will trouble their centre halves - first team to score will win the game I think, Italy will park the bus, dive, niggle, frustrate whereas if England score first then sooner or later the Italians have to to commit & leave themselves open on the counter.

I thought Kane was excellent against the Danes.

I expect him to pick the same team as against the Danes, mind you Im not saying he is right , Jack on with 20 to go to get him out of the s***, if there is one thing thats certain, Beaky, above all others will be looking to avoid penalties. Please please no villa player taking one, we shouldnt have to take the blame a second time. Bring it home please, Im running out of years to see it!

Southgate talks about tactics, Jack can be his secret weapon. The master of drawing fouls, he will get them, Shaw wipping them in or even a penalty? He may spring a surprise, even the Italians are calling Jack a brilliant sub......what would they think if he started??
    Im going 1-0 to England, it will be no classic!

I think he'll keep the same starting line up as the Denmark game ( unfortunately ), and I can see it being a bit of a drab game until he decides to send Jack on. Jack will dance into the box where he is upended. Kane to go back to sending his penalty kicks into the top left corner

1-0 England

Yes it would appear that way but why not go for for throat, get a lead and hold on to it. On 75 mins whike 1-0 up, Jack is replaced by Mings, we hold on to create history and two of this players play for us!!! Im such a dreamer 🤣🤣🤣🤞

Unconfirmed rumour, back 5 ala Germany, with Saka out.

Short arms in goal

Walking card
    Maguire
    Stones

Trippier
    Rice
    Phillips
    Fluke Shaw

Mount
    Kane
    Sterling

Make of it what you will.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)