Which means strength to England, even though my roots are Italian., a bit. My partner has recently had her genome checked, and thats a bit of a shocker.

The bit of Italy where my mother comes from, is only Italian politically. I have 1 per cent italian in me, not northern Italian but southern. There are a lot of family in Naples.

I am 51 percent Russian north and south and east, polish bielorussian, and three per cent baltic.

On my mothers side i am 26 percent germanic, eleven per cent balkan, iraqi and arabian, etc. Where my mother comes from is a cross roads in europe, but you would not think it.

I have visited with my partner where my mother comes from, and she is disgustingly english, complaining about the winding roads and going up to high. As it turns out she has 23 percent balkan in her, which is slovene, croat, serbian, macedonian, bulgarian and romanian. 23 per cent is a lot, a close relative was balkan, but she doesnt know who. She is 73 per cent english and celtic.

Where my mother comes from is three miles from the slovene border, and is not italian.

We were visiting her genetic homeland, much more than mine. What a shocker. You never know in this life. Culturally she is black country, Oldbury.

As for the football, if England go a goal or two up early, it may work against them. The Italians always go a gear or two up when going behind, like the english.

There is a cunning and guile that the southern europeans have that the english dont have . It has been well documented in the papers how predictable England are, its an anglo saxon thing. I suspect that the attacking Italian players dont have to adhere to a robotic formula l;ike the english, and they are free to create.

Reading between the lines, i suspect Bonner at United let the forwards do their thing. And it worked.