+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: We will get there....

It’s not just on the pitch we have problems.

Plenty others issues arising after yesterday’s game. Certain areas of Palmerston are an absolute disgrace and what’s the purpose of that gate between the terrace and the BDS Stand ? It’s causing problems before and it’s causing problems again.

And let’s not even start on the standard of certain match day stewards.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    It’s not just on the pitch we have problems.

Plenty others issues arising after yesterday’s game. Certain areas of Palmerston are an absolute disgrace and what’s the purpose of that gate between the terrace and the BDS Stand ? It’s causing problems before and it’s causing problems again.

And let’s not even start on the standard of certain match day stewards.
    That gate is causing lots of arguments between fans and the security staff all through the games so far and certainly needs addressing - not only are the fans getting angry but the security staff must be sick to the back teeth of the ongoing
    situation.

Quite a few issues from yesterday. With the infection rates currently being so high why have the old stand closed which means that fans were crammed together in the new stand? Also with half the new stand empty why were the Arbroath supporter right next to the Queens fans and not at the far end of it and well separated?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Quite a few issues from yesterday. With the infection rates currently being so high why have the old stand closed which means that fans were crammed together in the new stand? Also with half the new stand empty why were the Arbroath supporter right next to the Queens fans and not at the far end of it and well separated?
    A bizarre decision that from the safety officer.

I was sitting in the new stand and I for one wasn’t to happy with the fact that everyone was crammed together. I wasn’t aware that a large section of the new stand wasn’t getting used until late into the game. This meant the away fans weee right next to home fans and it was like we were herded sheep in a pen at a time when infection rates are so high. The total opposite should have been happening. Terregles street should have been opened if the section in the new stand was unavailable. There’s loads of space to social distance but for whatever reason, we were all squeezed together. Absolutely no sense to this and I wish the club would come out and say why this happened and if it is to continue. Then the issue with the gate. I could see why on Saturday as the stand was crammed, however this seems to be a policy with no purpose which annoys supporters who pay good money to sit with friends and family. My mate, who lives in Glasgow, came to the game and arranged to meet me in the new stand. He entered the ground at the arena side and was stopped from entering the stand. He was left standing alone and is saying he won’t be back. Why is that policy in place?

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    I was sitting in the new stand and I for one wasn’t to happy with the fact that everyone was crammed together. I wasn’t aware that a large section of the new stand wasn’t getting used until late into the game. This meant the away fans weee right next to home fans and it was like we were herded sheep in a pen at a time when infection rates are so high. The total opposite should have been happening. Terregles street should have been opened if the section in the new stand was unavailable. There’s loads of space to social distance but for whatever reason, we were all squeezed together. Absolutely no sense to this and I wish the club would come out and say why this happened and if it is to continue. Then the issue with the gate. I could see why on Saturday as the stand was crammed, however this seems to be a policy with no purpose which annoys supporters who pay good money to sit with friends and family. My mate, who lives in Glasgow, came to the game and arranged to meet me in the new stand. He entered the ground at the arena side and was stopped from entering the stand. He was left standing alone and is saying he won’t be back. Why is that policy in place?
    For sure we need to hear the clubs take on this as there would appear to be no obvious need for these decisions.

For sure we need to hear the clubs take on this as there would appear to be no obvious need for these decisions.
    Spike have a look at the very latest Pie and Bovril Queens postings and you will see what fans are thinking the reason behind placing the away fans right next to the home support is - in their opinion !

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Spike have a look at the very latest Pie and Bovril Queens postings and you will see what fans are thinking the reason behind placing the away fans right next to the home support is - in their opinion !
    Opinions yes but no real answers. Need to hear from the club.

Opinions yes but no real answers. Need to hear from the club.
    Fair enough mate - balls in club's court now hopefully through the official safety officer

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Your friend never entered at the Arena side as that’s not possible. Good try though

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)