+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyrone Mings

Tyrone Mings

I see Mings on Twitter is raging with Priti Patel as below:

You don’t get to stoke the fire at the beginning of the tournament by labelling our anti-racism message as ‘Gesture Politics’ & then pretend to be disgusted when the very thing we’re campaigning against, happens.

Patel just like most normal people will be disgusted at this abuse so what’s rattled his cage.

Don’t these players get it!!! Many supporters do not feel taking the knee should play any part in football whether it’s gesture politics or for whatever other reason. In fact taking the knee is inflaming unrest in my view and causing more damage than the message they are trying to communicate. How many other Euro countries took the knee? Do we really think all eleven players really want to take the knee? Would all eleven players jump in the lake because it fits the agenda of some of their team?

Priti Patel has suffered racial abuse herself and worked damn hard like Rishi to get to the top so a bit rich taking it out on her!

Unbelievable!

Anybody with any humanitarian integrity is disgusted by the racial abuse that these young players have received but as you state al, they don't seem to understand that it's the politics of the BLM movement that is being booed and not the anti racist ethos. I, personally, would be more than happy for, let's say, all players from both sides, standing side by side before each game in support of anti racism. Something has to be done to eradicate racism from society but unfortunately 'taking the knee' isn't the answer as it's causing more division and setting back racial equality years and not improving it.

Racism has existed ever since humans have walked the Earth, some people will always be targets for others, it’s no different now to years ago, apart from the platforms known as social media. Sadly, racism and discrimination will never be eradicated; it can be criminalised and driven underground but you will never get rid of it. Football, by latching on to the BLM ‘gesture’ of knee bending, has had the opposite effect of what was intended and it is unfortunate that many in football aren’t bright enough to see it and change tack to something less antagonistic to ordinary folk. You can go after those that spout racist hate messages but you can’t control what people think. BLM itself is probably a racist organisation and by association in people’s minds, it is setting back moves towards racial harmony. ‘All Lives Matter’ would have been a much better slogan; treat people how you would like them to treat you, that is the way forward.

I think even critiism of black players is now deemed racist. And anyway will players like mings, Southgate, Kane etc complain when the World Cup is staged in Muslim Qatar? Will Kane wear is rainbow badge?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I see Mings on Twitter is raging with Priti Patel as below:

You don’t get to stoke the fire at the beginning of the tournament by labelling our anti-racism message as ‘Gesture Politics’ & then pretend to be disgusted when the very thing we’re campaigning against, happens.

Patel just like most normal people will be disgusted at this abuse so what’s rattled his cage.

Don’t these players get it!!! Many supporters do not feel taking the knee should play any part in football whether it’s gesture politics or for whatever other reason. In fact taking the knee is inflaming unrest in my view and causing more damage than the message they are trying to communicate. How many other Euro countries took the knee? Do we really think all eleven players really want to take the knee? Would all eleven players jump in the lake because it fits the agenda of some of their team?

Priti Patel has suffered racial abuse herself and worked damn hard like Rishi to get to the top so a bit rich taking it out on her!

Unbelievable!
    I kind of agree with Mings here.

Priti Patel is a disgusting human being. She should be nowhere near the cabinet. And if she had any integrity she would have resigned at least a couple times over. She's not alone in this Govt.

But moreso, she is a complete hypocrite. Complaining about 'gesture politics' - she is the very epitome of it. Just as the majority of this Government.

The best thing she could have done in this instance is keep her mouth shut. Considering she inflamed the situation originally. But more gesture politics from her, and Boris, means they had to jump in - see which way the tide was turning and then make their usual statement - which they probably don't believe but think its what the majority want to hear. Pure PR bullshine.

Its not too bad in a situation like this but when they are making Covid decisions, which are a matter of life and death, and their decisions are formed on how they can improve their poll ratings and improve their career. It really brings into focus how morally and ethically bankrupt they are.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I kind of agree with Mings here.

Priti Patel is a disgusting human being. She should be nowhere near the cabinet. And if she had any integrity she would have resigned at least a couple times over. She's not alone in this Govt.

But moreso, she is a complete hypocrite. Complaining about 'gesture politics' - she is the very epitome of it. Just as the majority of this Government.

The best thing she could have done in this instance is keep her mouth shut. Considering she inflamed the situation originally. But more gesture politics from her, and Boris, means they had to jump in - see which way the tide was turning and then make their usual statement - which they probably don't believe but think its what the majority want to hear. Pure PR bullshine.

Its not too bad in a situation like this but when they are making Covid decisions, which are a matter of life and death, and their decisions are formed on how they can improve their poll ratings and improve their career. It really brings into focus how morally and ethically bankrupt they are.
    I’m also with Mings on this one, the fallout received by the 3 lads who missed was awful, calling the players a black XYZ because they missed a penalty is exactly why people need educating, any vitriol should be aimed at Southgates game management! Whilst I do think taking the knee has passed it’s sell by date, the comment made by some is correct that we see the team as one until a black player makes a mistake then it’s the colour of their skin that gets targeted as a point of weakness, society really needs to grow the *uck up!!

Mings is way out of order and showing that he doesn’t have much intellect. It’s not a law to take the knee. Taking the knee doesn’t mean you aren’t racist. Speaking out about it and being a black person (Priti) should really be enough to show that she is supportive. It’s balanced to accept that for whatever reasons (and there could be many) many won’t like the taking the knee concept and might even boo it from the crowd. I think he’s actually an embarrassment to their cause here.

I'd like Mings to concentrate his efforts on improving his game and not being so "bang average" and out of his depth in an England shirt.

The moronic treatment of the penalty culprits is a disgrace as 99.9% of people will agree but Mings taking on Pritti Patel helps nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I'd like Mings to concentrate his efforts on improving his game and not being so "bang average" and out of his depth in an England shirt.

The moronic treatment of the penalty culprits is a disgrace as 99.9% of people will agree but Mings taking on Pritti Patel helps nobody.
    Nobody apart from Pritti Patel; Mings is too thick to take her on.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Not sure if this link will work here
    https://fb.watch/v/2QHZKw4hw/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)