+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Clarets EPL bubble finally burst..?

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Whilst I agree that there is always confidence and mental approach, Dyche has consistently said that he can’t ask the players to do what they cannot. Their abilities are limited, is my conclusion based on his comments. The exception was Defour who was technically the best in the squad. He has never been replaced.

The midfielders work hard, but none of them can put their foot on the ball and control the match. They can, occasionally, pick an incisive pass, but not consistently. Nor do they contribute enough goals.

I used to go to Carrow Road when I lived in Norwich, at the time they recruited an aging Martin Peters. He could change a game in an instant. He did not have pace, but he had class and ability. Is there no one out there who could do the same job for us? He doesn’t have to be Paul Pogba. Just an experienced, technically strong midfielder who can be consistent in moving the team forward.
    Don't talk daft Swissclaret, this is Burnley not Barcelona.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Don't talk daft Swissclaret, this is Burnley not Barcelona.
    If you support Burnley, you have to be a dreamer or daft, or both. We managed to get Defour. Someone like him is impossible?

We have tremendous team spirit but that will not be enough without strengthening the squad, Dyche knows what is needed and my concern is he has not signed the new contract yet, and does that indicate we are not competing with the salaries other teams are paying, and he will leave when the current deal expires and we are relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No, this is the year it catches up with us. We do have two things on our side, the fact that, as Swiss points out, there is always the possibility that there are actually three sides worse than us, and Sean Dyche, while he's in charge we might just get away with it. Or we might not, and even with Sean in charge, I suspect it might all be too much, even for him this year.

Football might not be coming home, but those chickens that have been circling the Burnley roost for the last couple of seasons probably will be.
    Pigs might fly but I'm not sure about those chickens

It's a lottery,there are about 10 teams all fighting to stay up every season,we just have to hope we still have the team spirit and nous to keep us up again.Its possible we can ,but it gets harder every season.What we don't want is another start like we had last season.A couple of decent signings up front would be a massive help as well.

I think we can stay up. However, we MUST get some pace into this team and be able to stretch teams down the flanks and use the threat of pace to stop the opposition pushing up and squeezing the space. We can’t play a ball the top into space for a forward or winger to run onto as we are as slow as cart horses. We need to change that or we will look like a watered-down version of Southgate's England for most of the Euro final!! Jury out yet, but rumour’s of Albrighton don't fill me with hope that a pace merchant is turning up anytime soon!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No, this is the year it catches up with us. We do have two things on our side, the fact that, as Swiss points out, there is always the possibility that there are actually three sides worse than us, and Sean Dyche, while he's in charge we might just get away with it. Or we might not, and even with Sean in charge, I suspect it might all be too much, even for him this year.

Football might not be coming home, but those chickens that have been circling the Burnley roost for the last couple of seasons probably will be.
    I am a realist Sinkov and completely agree with you.SD will only sign a new contract when he has witnessed first hand that Pace & Co really will back him as promised.Not daft our Sean he knows they are potless. There will be no serious additions that will give the team what it needs to stay up.I reckon the £50m looted from the dry powder room was the final nail in the coffin for our PL journey.I very much doubt this year that there will be 3 teams worse than ours.2 of the promoted clubs are not new boys and Brentford are no mugs-their recruiting is streets ahead of ours.

Swiss ; Didn't Burnley in I think about the year 52',they adapted the short corner? ''Continental style Burnley''??

The forwards didn't have any real height? (5'2'',5'4''just can not remember) The opposing defence could head the corners away ,or the Goalkeeper would always catch it? So the solution was to think different.

Pity a father ,when his son says ''father I can not do it''? It's encouragement ,explanation and repetition ! ''Just do it !''

10th.

Everything bursts eventually of course. The South Sea Bubble, even that unsightly boil on the back of your neck. Maybe not this coming season if we can add another couple of decent signings. It occurred to me if I should ever relocate to Zurich I could rightly call myself Swiss Tony which to devotees of the Fast Show would not come as much of a surprise. I’ll leave you with that poignant thought before my own bubble bursts.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)