+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Clarets EPL bubble finally burst..?

Exactly one month to the first game, one player in. Tells it's own story. We're going to try and muddle through on a wing and a prayer again. Sean's good at it, but we're pushing our luck to it's limit's now. I expect this is all going to end in tears.

Definitely think you need some new blood. Collins is a good prospect but the other teams are strengthening all over the park so it's difficult to assess what the standard will be next season.
    You have the oldest squad in the Prem and although I'm sure Dyche will be able to get a tune out of them, I am a bit concerned for you guys this season.
    Whilst the Prem provides lots of income, it has to be spent on the pitch to remain competitive - like a shark that can't stop swimming.
    I guess the investment plan comes down to the owner's intentions, but it's a risky strategy to aim for "just investing enough to survive".

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Definitely think you need some new blood. Collins is a good prospect but the other teams are strengthening all over the park so it's difficult to assess what the standard will be next season.
    You have the oldest squad in the Prem and although I'm sure Dyche will be able to get a tune out of them, I am a bit concerned for you guys this season.
    Whilst the Prem provides lots of income, it has to be spent on the pitch to remain competitive - like a shark that can't stop swimming.
    I guess the investment plan comes down to the owner's intentions, but it's a risky strategy to aim for "just investing enough to survive".
    We now have about 78 kids in the Development Squad. We will be reet!

I would be delighted if we did indeed invest just enough to survive lusty, but we don't do even that, we just tell Dyche to get on with it and hope he can keep performing miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We now have about 78 kids in the Development Squad. We will be reet!
    Hope so and hopefully they'll be able to step up when needed - but many are called yet few make it. Maybe there's a diamond or two in there but for this season you'll be needing kids that have e.g. already been out on loan and done the business, as development squad to Premiership is a helluva step.

Hope so and hopefully they'll be able to step up when needed - but many are called yet few make it. Maybe there's a diamond or two in there but for this season you'll be needing kids that have e.g. already been out on loan and done the business, as development squad to Premiership is a helluva step.
    I was being deliberately sarcastic and facetious wanderlust, it's the way our Board rolls. A change of ownership has seemingly not made one blind bit of difference to how we operate.

How much longer Sean Dyche will play their game is anybody's guess.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I was being deliberately sarcastic and facetious wanderlust, it's the way our Board rolls. A change of ownership has seemingly not made one blind bit of difference to how we operate.

How much longer Sean Dyche will play their game is anybody's guess.
    SD is rumoured to be on 5 million a year. If true, and he is on record that he does not to do a “Roy Hodgson”, maybe he will see out his contract then leave. Again it was rumoured that the buy out was too expensive for Crystal Palace. I would be happy to “muddle” through for 5 million!

SD will have quite a few Bob in the bank. Take a break and wait until something comes along? Chelsea has a regular turn over of managers

For the vast majority of our young lads, Dev Squad to D2 is too big a step. I often think local non-league would collapse if we closed our Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    For the vast majority of our young lads, Dev Squad to D2 is too big a step. I often think local non-league would collapse if we closed our Academy.
    I remember the sense of triumph that was coming out of Turf Moor when we "captured" Jimmy Dunne from Manchester United.

It's true we have received an undisclosed fee for Jimmy from QPR, but it goes to show just how difficult it is to jump into an EPL elite squad.

I have to wonder if all of the time and effort that goes into the Barnfield Academy is really worthwhile?

Attachment 19436

Not been on for a bit due to my travels. So Dyche still hasn't signed and is favourite for Palace. If he goes we won't survive, if he stays he may keep us up if we get more signings, either way not looking good.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)