+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Conference 21/22

Conference 21/22

Specially for my old mate, Popo.

I see Notts County have signed three players. A former Workington Reds central defender poached from Torquay, a left back poached from Chesterfield and a Scottish midfielder. They also have a Portuguese player schooled in Holland called Rodriguez. Sounds potentially exotic.

Now Wrexham have gone all Hollywood, will they be splashing the cash around? From what I can see they've signed Shaun Brisley, the rest of tier five must be quaking in their boots

Anyway, any insight into the eclectic mix of fallen giants and village teams made up of Postmen and Electricians would be appreciated.

Rodriguez is a class player but Notts fans didn't see a full season of him in 20/21 because NA didn't give him a fair crack at the whip,when he did make regular appearances in the third half of the season (I know what I mean) he was very impressive and won player of the season award,I can't really comment on the new players as I don't know much about them,I don't follow players that's not playing for us either before or after
    It's going to be very difficult to get out of the league with some strong contenders for the two promotion spots,I think that Notts are 4th favourites to go up and we've got decent owners who won't mind paying for the right player,maybe they was spotted through Radar who knows,it will be interesting to see what happens at Wrexham and how long the Hollywood interest will remain on 'soccer' once their interest in something else piques their interest

*"Maybe they was spotted through Radar" was in response to the three new players but there's no way that I'm editing it and the post disappearing

Wrexham signing Mullin today has made me chuckle.

You would've thought he could've easily signed for a tier three club or higher maybe...

That is, unless he believes last season was a fluke and he's not likely to repeat it. Given his goalscoring record before the start of last season, this seems likely.

He's taken a look at tier three and crapped his pants, returning to his natural level.

I wonder how much they've paid for him?

Haven't they been bought by a movie star or is that another club?

Very shrewd move by them - a bit like when we signed Lummy or Hayward, far too good for that level and puts the message across that they are serious about promotion.

Scouser isn't he? Wrexham will suit him location wise if that is the case, he will more than likely be the highest paid player in the division.

I'll take your point about Hayward, but Lumsdon was an absolute nobody when Simpson found him.

Quote Originally Posted by crushalime View Post
    Haven't they been bought by a movie star or is that another club?

Yes Wrexham have been bought by two movie stars but I can't remember who as I've no interest in films and I had never heard of em,they've got to be favourites to go up this season but success could be a double edged sword once their owners take up another hobby,I doubt that you will see them down at the Racecourse on a cold Tuesday night against Kings Lynn

Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney

"A" List & "B" List

They've admitted to knowing nothing about football, but their stated intent is to make Wrexham a "global force".

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)