+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most respecteds yellow vests

Quote Originally Posted by Dee_Dee View Post
    I wouldn’t believe anything that comes out of the SNPs mouths but I think they are meaning continuing wearing masks in enclosed spaces like shops and public transport.

They will know as well as anyone that once the crowd levels go up to even 2000 there is not a hope in hell of convincing people to wear masks outdoors at a football ground
    I totally agree with about the SNP politicians who only look after themselves and complain about everything else. I would not trust them as far as I could throw them.
    Sadly there are a lot of people in Scotland who have been brainwashed by them and think that the SNP politicians are wonderful.
    They will eventually be in for a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I agree with your sentiments. Picking on the youth in the SE was a massive mistake. It just looks like really big away suppoortsget allowed to do astheyplease, probably right across Scotland and home supports get hammered.
    That is why a lot of supporters at other SPFL clubs do not attend home games against Rangers and Celtic. It is patently obvious when these games are televised live on SKY.
    During the 2019-20 season I remember seeing the Main Stand at Pittodrie only about half full for an Aberdeen FC home game against Rangers. The Aberdeen supporters had obviously decided to watch the game on SKY instead of suffering all the hassle from the Rangers hordes.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I totally agree with about the SNP politicians who only look after themselves and complain about everything else. I would not trust them as far as I could throw them.
    Sadly there are a lot of people in Scotland who have been brainwashed by them and think that the SNP politicians are wonderful.
    They will eventually be in for a shock.
    How would you feel about the same people if they were being just as self serving and doing the same spinning and lying but they were Tory politicians instead of SNP?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    How would you feel about the same people if they were being just as self serving and doing the same spinning and lying but they were Tory politicians instead of SNP?
    Great point. They are all as bad as each other for exhibiting that kind of behaviour. SNP, for me, do not seem to be able to get their economic framework for independence right. Currency, in Eurozone, border with England etc. If they wait a bit the situation in N Ireland might show how to resolve the land border problem but it might take a while.

Apologies for off topic post above. Yellow vests need to be helped to do their job by turning their focus towards customer service rather than customer control. Helping families to sit together, helping groups of fans who are happy to sit together, creating areas of the ground where those who need or want to be socially isolated can sit would give them a positive role.

Apologies for off topic post above. Yellow vests need to be helped to do their job by turning their focus towards customer service rather than customer control. Helping families to sit together, helping groups of fans who are happy to sit together, creating areas of the ground where those who need or want to be socially isolated can sit would give them a positive role.
    Therein lies the dilemma - are they there to manage and assist customers or are they there to control disobedient crowds?

From what I'm reading (I haven't been to Dens this season) they seem to either have been given, or are interpreting their instructions as, a mandate to exercise control. People cannot be controlled in any free society and will always push back against it.

This is not North Korea.

Therein lies the dilemma - are they there to manage and assist customers or are they there to control disobedient crowds?

From what I'm reading (I haven't been to Dens this season) they seem to either have been given, or are interpreting their instructions as, a mandate to exercise control. People cannot be controlled in any free society and will always push back against it.

This is not North Korea.
    Just trying to be helpful would make a big difference. Club could maybe help them by giving them and the supporters who attend some specific guidance. Trouble must be caused by each ticket being for a specific seat? socially distanced seating could and probably should be controlled at the time of sale of the ticket. Can't see how that could have been done when the ST's were initially put on sale, so is there a retrofix that could be applied? Obviously all clubs will have the same issues so it might be quite simple for the government to back out and say football grounds are exempt and let the fans take responsibility for discussing with their club how and where they sit. If you didn't have away fans then surely everyone who wanted to go to Dens could sit with whatever grouping they felt comfotable with. double jabbed old moaners could have a rare old time together, youngsters with their Mums and Dads and uncles and aunts and cousins could sit in familygroups and those who want socially distanced seating could be accomodated somewhere in the Mainer. youngsters could have the Derry to bring it back to life. It does need some flexibility and willingness to agree to change.
    I am not sure that the love of Dundee FC is the greater good for some supporters who might see freedom and principle more important - but you don't know until you explore possibilities.

This is not North Korea.
    Yet.

And it's also not the Scotland of 18 months ago.

We all know this but some don't want to acknowledge that.

Give up freedom abd liberty easily......it won't be handed back easily.

Major demonstrations in parts of Europe and have you heard the NZ pm.....if you haven't heard it from us it ain't the truth.....George Orwell ministry for truth right enough.....incredible stuff.

Just trying to be helpful would make a big difference. Club could maybe help them by giving them and the supporters who attend some specific guidance. Trouble must be caused by each ticket being for a specific seat? socially distanced seating could and probably should be controlled at the time of sale of the ticket. Can't see how that could have been done when the ST's were initially put on sale, so is there a retrofix that could be applied? Obviously all clubs will have the same issues so it might be quite simple for the government to back out and say football grounds are exempt and let the fans take responsibility for discussing with their club how and where they sit. If you didn't have away fans then surely everyone who wanted to go to Dens could sit with whatever grouping they felt comfotable with. double jabbed old moaners could have a rare old time together, youngsters with their Mums and Dads and uncles and aunts and cousins could sit in familygroups and those who want socially distanced seating could be accomodated somewhere in the Mainer. youngsters could have the Derry to bring it back to life. It does need some flexibility and willingness to agree to change.
    I am not sure that the love of Dundee FC is the greater good for some supporters who might see freedom and principle more important - but you don't know until you explore possibilities.
    There is a superb post but rev lovejoy on Pravda which sums up my feelings pretty much.

Freedom and principle trump DFC at the moment......

Tory politicians in Scotland do not spin and lie like the SNP politicians.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)