+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Villa Songs

Whatever happened to the chant 'C'mon you Lions'

Unfortunately the second line of 'My eyes have seen the glory of the Villa win the cup' is '7 times we've won it no one else will catch us up' which we all know a few teams did. Besides the last time we won it was 1956/57 season, so I doubt whether there are too many Villa fans that came claim there eyes saw it. Mine certainly didn't.

I used to love theres a circus, politically incorrect on so many levels, but great fun to sing, as was my old man, and Villa Villa to the tune of amazing grace still makes what little hair i have left stand on end. Anyone remember Roll Along?

Quote Originally Posted by Staffs63 View Post
    Whatever happened to the chant 'C'mon you Lions'

Unfortunately the second line of 'My eyes have seen the glory of the Villa win the cup' is '7 times we've won it no one else will catch us up' which we all know a few teams did. Besides the last time we won it was 1956/57 season, so I doubt whether there are too many Villa fans that came claim there eyes saw it. Mine certainly didn't.
    Maybe not Staffs. But neither was I born under the Holte End Stand, the little Lord Jesus may not have popped his head out and say, ‘we’re the Villa’. We were never quite the greatest that the world had ever seen, and I don’t recall ever p1ssing in a blue & white pot. So my eyes never really seeing the glory of The Villa winning the cup, LIVE, is irrelevant mate.

However, Brian Little DID & still does, walk on water.

He does indeed Exiled. That long straight hair he had with the equally straight fringe gently blowing in the wind whilst he skipped past defender after defender. His career was cut too short with the injury he had however, it led to the birth of Gary Shaw.

When he gets the ball, he's bound to score
    Gary, Gary Shaw

The martin o'neal give is a wave song gave me goosebumps

brian little's feather cut was the first I'd seen

I used to sing my head off for Dwight Yorke, Dwight Yorke...DDDDDD, start spreading the news....Gutted when he left for Utd but happy he got success, is there a simarlarity with Jack?
    Super, Super Jack.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)