+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ravel Morrison

Ravel Morrison

Is on trial, a potential bright talent supposedly hampered by his attitude and behaviour and I read Simon Jordan has already had a pop on talk sport, any views?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Is on trial, a potential bright talent supposedly hampered by his attitude and behaviour and I read Simon Jordan has already had a pop on talk sport, any views?
    Yes. Ravel Morrison may or may not be our salvation and I’ll trust in Wazzer. Simon Jordan will NOT be our saviour so he can **** right off!

Obviously a talent but equally obviously an attitude problem of some description. About twelve clubs and just 108 appearances in ten years...doesn’t sound encouraging.
    Suppose Rooney must have been at MUFC with him, so maybe he knows something SJ doesn’t. Beggars can’t be choosers and all that, but I hope he’s not the next Bobby Duncan (whatever happened to him?) or Jordan Ibe.

P.S. Agree with the comment about us needing players who give their all and have little ‘personal baggage’.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 15-07-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Yes. Ravel Morrison may or may not be our salvation and I’ll trust in Wazzer. Simon Jordan will NOT be our saviour so he can **** right off!
    Haha, mm not sure I trust in Wazzer, but Morrison has played 98 games for 12 clubs over 11 years, scored 15 goals and is now 28, do we need another "wild card" in the team?

Potentially he could be a very good player, on the other hand he could upset the whole squad - myself I be more comfortable with a player who will give his all for the team and has very little personal baggage.

For me Morrison is too much of a risk, but i guess we are desperate!

Haha, mm not sure I trust in Wazzer, but Morrison has played 98 games for 12 clubs over 11 years, scored 15 goals and is now 28, do we need another "wild card" in the team?

Potentially he could be a very good player, on the other hand he could upset the whole squad - myself I be more comfortable with a player who will give his all for the team and has very little personal baggage.

For me Morrison is too much of a risk, but i guess we are desperate!
    The thing is though, you sound like you're describing someone who, for a golden period only maybe. WAS our salvation - CKR

Bobby Duncan has been training at a training camp all summer on one of the Spanish islands to get properly fit. Not certain but I believe he's one of the players at this week long training camp they're doing dahn sarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    The thing is though, you sound like you're describing someone who, for a golden period only maybe. WAS our salvation - CKR
    Mm I'm not sure I agree with your comparison. Yes CKR is a "journeyman" player but as far as I am aware it wasn't his attitude that was an issue more that there were, are better players than him so he has to move on.

Morrison on the other hand has a well known track record and to date no club has managed to get him to play at his potential on a consistent basis. If its a pay as you play deal then worth the risk, otherwise its a gamble taking wages the club cannot afford.

Still no doubt Wazza will decided and if he decides yes and manages to get the guy playing I shall acknowldeg the feat.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Bobby Duncan has been training at a training camp all summer on one of the Spanish islands to get properly fit. Not certain but I believe he's one of the players at this week long training camp they're doing dahn sarf.
    Well next season is his chance to show what he can do!

Mm I'm not sure I agree with your comparison. Yes CKR is a "journeyman" player but as far as I am aware it wasn't his attitude that was an issue more that there were, are better players than him so he has to move on.

Morrison on the other hand has a well known track record and to date no club has managed to get him to play at his potential on a consistent basis. If its a pay as you play deal then worth the risk, otherwise its a gamble taking wages the club cannot afford.

Still no doubt Wazza will decided and if he decides yes and manages to get the guy playing I shall acknowldeg the feat.
    Perhaps the real difference is that in a 15-16 year career CKR has made 538 appearances and in a 10-11 year career Morrison has made about 110. There are only three possible explanations for that...serious injury (which I don’t think he’s had), he’s not very good, or a poor attitude/level of fitness.
    Not sure we want to take a risk with any of those possibilities but we’ll see...or maybe not.

If he can rediscover the form he had the one time I saw him play for QPR in "that season", then he has to be worth a punt, as Swale says maybe on a pay as you go basis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)