+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Michal Helik

BARNSLEY defender Mads Andersen could miss some more of pre-season with a knee injury, head coach Markus Schopp has revealed.

The Dane was one of several players who did not feature in Wednesday’s friendly at AFC Rochdale. But, whereas the others are expected to return to training in the coming days, Andersen’s injury is slightly more serious.

Schopp told the Chronicle: “Mads will take a bit longer. We are still waiting for the last scans from the doctor, but it will take a bit longer.

Cheers Poggy.

If Mads is injured then fair enough, but it always makes me think the worst when players miss pre season friendlies because of so called injuries!.

Is that true then that we are getting 2 mill+ for Micky Helik ?. Thats a terrible deal for us to sell one of our best players so cheaply. Its just pathetic that this club keep doing this. And hey its only speculation at the moment, but it wouldn't surprise me if its true!.

Called it few days ago .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    If Mads is injured then fair enough, but it always makes me think the worst when players miss pre season friendlies because of so called injuries!.

Is that true then that we are getting 2 mill+ for Micky Helik ?. Thats a terrible deal for us to sell one of our best players so cheaply. Its just pathetic that this club keep doing this. And hey its only speculation at the moment, but it wouldn't surprise me if its true!.
    The size of the fee will be totally dependent on which league the bidding club play their football or if they are on parachute payments in the championship .

This may come as a complete surprise for one or two but the fact remains that this club under the self sustainable model it operates under is most probably struggling to sustain itself .

It's probably struggling to sustain itself because other than a play off game against Swansea City attended by less than 5k nobody but nobody has seen a game inside Oakwell for 18 months .

The club is run the way it is , we spend what is generated .

This seems to go over the heads of one or two despite this policy existing well before a global pandemic hit the clubs finances and compound the finances even more .

This club is a business and nobody but fecking nobody is going to support the club financially above what it generates itself .

You either accept that fact or you are the kind of person who believe fairies exist at the bottom of your garden .

" You either accept that fact or you are the kind of person who believe fairies exist at the bottom of your garden. "

No sir, I dont even have a garden Animal, but tahh for that little whimsy abaart fairies anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The size of the fee will be totally dependent on which league the bidding club play their football or if they are on parachute payments in the championship .

This may come as a complete surprise for one or two but the fact remains that this club under the self sustainable model it operates under is most probably struggling to sustain itself .

It's probably struggling to sustain itself because other than a play off game against Swansea City attended by less than 5k nobody but nobody has seen a game inside Oakwell for 18 months .

The club is run the way it is , we spend what is generated .

This seems to go over the heads of one or two despite this policy existing well before a global pandemic hit the clubs finances and compound the finances even more .

This club is a business and nobody but fecking nobody is going to support the club financially above what it generates itself .

You either accept that fact or you are the kind of person who believe fairies exist at the bottom of your garden .
    Despite there being no person in attendance at Oakwell (barring the Swansea game) the club was subsidized by the sale of 7 thousand season tickets last season and over 10 thousand this season. That must've generated around 5 to 6 million pounds in revenue itself by my reckoning. That has to be taken into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    Called it few days ago .
    Yep.
    I posted on here a while ago that I thought Helik could be the big sale this summer.
    That’s if there is a big sale this summer.
    Contract until June 2023 - so if he won’t sign a new contract next summer - and I can’t see him doing that - then he needs to be sold and the money reinvested in the team.
    We shouldn’t be letting players walk out the door for nothing like Mowatt did.

Anyone seen a fee mentioned anywhere I certainly haven’t. Undisclosed will do nicely.

£5m plus would be a good bit of business in my opinion !

I also reckon his replacement played against Rochdale.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Despite there being no person in attendance at Oakwell (barring the Swansea game) the club was subsidized by the sale of 7 thousand season tickets last season and over 10 thousand this season. That must've generated around 5 to 6 million pounds in revenue itself by my reckoning. That has to be taken into consideration.
    Most definitely Pass but the club have spent decent money in the transfer market over the last 12 months despite the pandemic .

The wage bill looking at the last set of accounts is north of £11m and that's crept up significantly over the last couple of years .

I think we all know that to remain self sustainable at least one player if not two has to be sold on to balance the books every season .

The size of the fee for Helik may be representative of the current market within the game and not necessarily selling him on the cheap .

The transfer market within the EFL is absolutely dead .

We may catch a wave and Helik goes to the PL or even the German Bundesliga or a parachute payment club .

Even so I'd be amazed if we get anything near £6m for him .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast