+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Michal Helik

Helik not in the squad today.

Walton (GK), Sibbick, Sraha, Kitching, Brittain, Palmer, Styles, J Williams, Cole, Woodrow (c), Morris.

Subs: Jinadu (GK), B Williams, Pache, Ariely, Miller, Simoes, Ritzmaier, Oduor, Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Helik not in the squad today.

Walton (GK), Sibbick, Sraha, Kitching, Brittain, Palmer, Styles, J Williams, Cole, Woodrow (c), Morris.

Subs: Jinadu (GK), B Williams, Pache, Ariely, Miller, Simoes, Ritzmaier, Oduor, Thompson.
    With Helik going to the Euros he's two weeks behind the rest of the squad .

I'd be surprised if we see him in the first three games of the season to be honest .

In fact we may not see him again and the Swansea away leg was his last game for the club .

He’s gone in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Most definitely Pass but the club have spent decent money in the transfer market over the last 12 months despite the pandemic .

The wage bill looking at the last set of accounts is north of £11m and that's crept up significantly over the last couple of years .

I think we all know that to remain self sustainable at least one player if not two has to be sold on to balance the books every season .

The size of the fee for Helik may be representative of the current market within the game and not necessarily selling him on the cheap .

The transfer market within the EFL is absolutely dead .

We may catch a wave and Helik goes to the PL or even the German Bundesliga or a parachute payment club .

Even so I'd be amazed if we get anything near £6m for him .
    I'd agree with that Animal. I'm surprised at the wage bill to be honest. A squad of say 22 first team players paid 11million per annum averages out at 10k per week per player. Season ticket sales barely bite into that. There's the 8million in TV revenue plus sponsorship. There's also the academy to run, the scouting and recruitment and the admin plus many more costs that you've got to factor in. It's a tight ship. It looks paramount that we sell at least one big player for at least 2 to 3 million each season just to stay in the black.

The stumbling block to attract better players is obviously the wages they will want. If our wage bill crept up from 11m to say around 16m then we could hit big problems financially. It's a financial tightrope.

Personally I'm quite content with the status quo. Credit to the people running this gig. We now have a more than capable squad that are able to stay comfortably in the championship and that takes some doing in this day and age without getting into serious debt.

Totally agree with you pass re the financial management acumen required to run the ship at Oakwell.

However to quote Mr Lee from the home leg of the play off " we will be stronger next season"!

Given the financial constraints mentioned, the loss of our head coach, all of his back room team, our captain, our CEO and if speculation is correct at least one of our better players. How on earth are we going to start as a stronger outfit next season?

We are like other seasons having been shot in the foot and missing the starting gun whilst the bedding in process completes.

I know some of you see this as a fact of life but Im old enough and grumpy enough to have had enough of this crap. This isnt building a club, its dismantling what you started and then starting again and the ownership try to paint it as a different picture.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Totally agree with you pass re the financial management acumen required to run the ship at Oakwell.

However to quote Mr Lee from the home leg of the play off " we will be stronger next season"!

Given the financial constraints mentioned, the loss of our head coach, all of his back room team, our captain, our CEO and if speculation is correct at least one of our better players. How on earth are we going to start as a stronger outfit next season?

We are like other seasons having been shot in the foot and missing the starting gun whilst the bedding in process completes.

I know some of you see this as a fact of life but Im old enough and grumpy enough to have had enough of this crap. This isnt building a club, its dismantling what you started and then starting again and the ownership try to paint it as a different picture.
    Maybe Mr Lee meant financially stronger Ethel as in cashing in on a number of players .

I don't take too much notice of what Lee or Conway says to be honest , 99 times out of a 100 its bullshyte anyway .

They aren't the first to come out with bullshyte to be fair , I'm still waiting for Cryne's box office signings to appear .

Thats probably the objective Animal, financially stronger as it will eventually fill their pockets.

Its the deception and falsehoods that really pee me off.

Oh and the silences, weve appointed a new CEO before the fans have been told the old one has left!!

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Thats probably the objective Animal, financially stronger as it will eventually fill their pockets.

Its the deception and falsehoods that really pee me off.

Oh and the silences, weve appointed a new CEO before the fans have been told the old one has left!!
    If they were filling there pockets the club would be on its backside.

It's abart time Conway and Lee paid all the instalments they agreed in December 2017 in order to purchase the club for £8 million. One instalment of £2.6 million paid at that time but the arseoyles ev paid nowt of the two lots of £2.7 million still to pay some three and a heyf years later.
    As at OGC Nice the money will be made when they sell the club as its cost 'em hardly owt to buy Barnsley and it costs 'em nowt from their own pockets to run it.

Helic won't be joining WBA . More than likely if he does leave ??? It will be to a European side not British , HC at WBA would like Anderson and Brittain , this was mentioned a while back ,

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast