+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Clarets EPL bubble finally burst..?

Question Will the Clarets EPL bubble finally burst..?

Sixth straight season coming up for the Clarets in the English Premier League.

Can we possibly defy gravity and make it seven?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

You are stirring again BT.The answer is straightforward and simple.NO PROBLEM.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    And first out of the trap is barrie_burn with a positive stance...

And second out of the trap is me , with the same opinion.

Good lads, it must be something they put in the Welsh water!

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Hopefully there will be three worse sides.

I think we can do it provided that team is strengthened and improved. We have been treading water the past couple of years, whilst others continue to improve their squads. We have done nothing of significance in the transfer market and with one exception (DM) and no one is coming through from the U23’s. Jimmy Dunne has gone to QPR. Others seem to make up the numbers on the bench.

I don’t think our style of play is attractive to many players, who do not want to spend 70% + of a match without the ball. How do we attract creative midfielders with vision, which is one of the needs? Similarly, how do creative midfielders work with our forwards who have little pace to get into positions where creativity can be used?

How do we attract creative midfielders with vision? Similarly, how do creative midfielders to work with our forwards who have little pace to get into positions where creativity can be used?

We must remember it is the mind ,yes we have to strengthen the mind. I would say football clubs through out the world are doing all kinds of exercises to strengthen the bodies muscles. But what do we do to strengthen the mind? When the mind has that confidence it can win matches ,when players feel that confidence is missing they could loose ?

If a team is loosing at half time the coach adds that extra confidence boost, ''come on lads you can do it ,you can beat this team etc''
    But if all players are feeling that confidence? Does the coach need to give his team talk of ''you can win this''?
    When the mind is strengthened, confidence ,inspiration, creativity follows. The answer is not far away! Seek and ye shall find.

Where is this creativity ,this inspiration, this positiveness? It is all in the mind ,just peel away the outer layers !

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    How do we attract creative midfielders with vision? Similarly, how do creative midfielders to work with our forwards who have little pace to get into positions where creativity can be used?

We must remember it is the mind ,yes we have to strengthen the mind. I would say football clubs through out the world are doing all kinds of exercises to strengthen the bodies muscles. But what do we do to strengthen the mind? When the mind has that confidence it can win matches ,when players feel that confidence is missing they could loose ?

If a team is loosing at half time the coach adds that extra confidence boost, ''come on lads you can do it ,you can beat this team etc''
    But if all players are feeling that confidence? Does the coach need to give his team talk of ''you can win this''?
    When the mind is strengthened, confidence ,inspiration, creativity follows. The answer is not far away! Seek and ye shall find.

Where is this creativity ,this inspiration, this positiveness? It is all in the mind ,just peel away the outer layers !
    I take it that's a no then Balan ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

No, this is the year it catches up with us. We do have two things on our side, the fact that, as Swiss points out, there is always the possibility that there are actually three sides worse than us, and Sean Dyche, while he's in charge we might just get away with it. Or we might not, and even with Sean in charge, I suspect it might all be too much, even for him this year.

Football might not be coming home, but those chickens that have been circling the Burnley roost for the last couple of seasons probably will be.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No, this is the year it catches up with us. We do have two things on our side, the fact that, as Swiss points out, there is always the possibility that there are actually three sides worse than us, and Sean Dyche, while he's in charge we might just get away with it. Or we might not, and even with Sean in charge, I suspect it might all be too much, even for him this year.

Football might not be coming home, but those chickens that have been circling the Burnley roost for the last couple of seasons probably will be.
    Whilst I agree that there is always confidence and mental approach, Dyche has consistently said that he can’t ask the players to do what they cannot. Their abilities are limited, is my conclusion based on his comments. The exception was Defour who was technically the best in the squad. He has never been replaced.

The midfielders work hard, but none of them can put their foot on the ball and control the match. They can, occasionally, pick an incisive pass, but not consistently. Nor do they contribute enough goals.

I used to go to Carrow Road when I lived in Norwich, at the time they recruited an aging Martin Peters. He could change a game in an instant. He did not have pace, but he had class and ability. Is there no one out there who could do the same job for us? He doesn’t have to be Paul Pogba. Just an experienced, technically strong midfielder who can be consistent in moving the team forward.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)