+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Preseason Friendlies

You miserable old git Woody. There are more sports than Athletics. What about the beach Vollyball or the Women's Weightlifting?

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    You miserable old git Woody. There are more sports than Athletics. What about the beach Vollyball or the Women's Weightlifting?
    Don't get me wrong, I quite like athletics, it's just when they are associated with and corrupted by the Olympics that I get turned off.

Oh yes, Bulgarian female weightlifters, reminds me of nights out [or is that "lights out"] in Bilston in the 70s!

Bilston in the 70s, that's a bit like Tipton in the 90s

Bruce Springs****'s daughter is in the Show Jumping team for the USA.

Who's riding her?

Uneven start to the first Spanish friendly against Real Betis. A lot of giveaways, but haven’t given them open shots. Sharpness still not there with the ball in possession.

MGW plays Jimenez in behind for a one on one chance at the keeper but the sideline official calls offsides. Looked a bad call to me but no VAR today.

Took 173 minutes of play but we have our first goal under Lange. Semedo puts it in the path of Cutrone for a 0-1 Wolves lead.

I’ll also say that we need to get Otasawie ready to play in the Prem. He just glides around the field with those long strides. Could be a game changer on both ends of the field.

Didn't see the game mate in fact I didn't even know it was been played, but I agree with you, from what I have seen of Otasawie he has got the potential [media cliche sorry!] to be top class.

I watched most of it, lots of player rotation as you’d expect in a friendly in that heat. I agree Otasawie is a force.
    Cutrone may fair better under Lage but will probably be moved on in any case? Our new style of play is easier on the eye than last season, but the high press will leave us open to an incisive pass.

Still signs of early season, but a good run out. Cutrone took his goal well and looked pleased to be there. Yerson Mosquera looks a beast and clearly likes a tackle. If he can avoid the yellow and red cards that are issued at random in the Premier League, he will certainly ruffle a few fancy dan feathers. I can see Grealish, Kane and Stirling going down like skittles if he gets near them.

Cundle looked good in the second 45 and sent a lovely pass to Semedo to feed Cutrone. Some of the assistant referees decisions were questionable at times, and the playing surface was not the best. Neves looked a little off the pace but still had one stinging shot as did Silva.

Stoke next Saturday, who beat Aston Villa yesterday. Villa having a player sent off!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)