+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Preseason Friendlies

Preseason Friendlies

Wolves will play Crewe Alexandra today in a friendly. First chance to see how the squad does under Bruno. Several first team players out due to testing from international tournaments.

Starting XI: Ruddy; Marcal, Kilman, Boly; Hoever, Perry, MGW; Trincao, Silva, Jimenez

Not going to list the subs, but it’s a lot of youngsters plus Saiss and Cutrone.

Happy to see Jimenez play. Will be interesting to see if him and Silva can play next to each other.

Crewe won 1-0, very warm conditions. Kilman probably the best player on the pitch. Wolves looked very rusty and disjointed, but it is all about gaining fitness. Jack Scott did well while on the pitch. Cutrone had a shot on the turn just saved down low, and a Jimenez free kick was deflected onto the cross bar.
    Last edited by abbobrom; 17-07-2021 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Crewe won 1-0, very warm conditions. Kilman probably the best player on the pitch. Wolves looked very rusty and disjointed, but it is all about gaining fitness. Jack Scott did well while on the pitch. Cutrone had a shot on the turn just saved down low, and a Jimenez free kick was deflected onto the cross bar.
    With several players still on break and a new manager and system I don’t expect too much. Heard Perry looked good in the first half. Just glad Jimenez was able to play and made it through unscathed.

Yes Perry did play well but faded, it may have been the heat. Hottest day of the year so far.

Just reading that it has topped 30d centigrade.

Only a friendly but still, sounds a bit grim.

Not really looking forward to this coming season to be honest, but there again I am a miserable git!

We’re playing 442 now so it’ll take a few games for the players to adapt, wingers have a free role and high press from the back. A positive, but risky change from last seasons style of play… let’s hope we can emulate Italy in the Euros!!!

Woody, you need to take a chill pill you miserable old git. Glad I am not on my own!!!

How is the railway coming along, we haven't had an update for several months.

A scorcher today, may hit 90 f in parts of the country.

Last stage of The Tour de France today, will be glued to the TV to see if Cavendish can beat the record for number of stage wins.

Woody, you need to take a chill pill you miserable old git. Glad I am not on my own!!!

How is the railway coming along, we haven't had an update for several months.

A scorcher today, may hit 90 f in parts of the country.

Last stage of The Tour de France today, will be glued to the TV to see if Cavendish can beat the record for number of stage wins.
    Watcha mate! Doing OK thanks. The railway is on a bit of a hold at the moment. My daughter is about to give birth so I have been running between here and New Orleans every week, somewhat time consuming.

It has been in the high 90s here for the last few days but at least we have got air conditioning [and Margaritas!] Some of my most distressing memories are of being back in the UK in some hotel with no A/C, no fans, nothing. Bloody primitive!

Watcha mate! Doing OK thanks. The railway is on a bit of a hold at the moment. My daughter is about to give birth so I have been running between here and New Orleans every week, somewhat time consuming.

You will be wearing your trainers out with all that running Woody.

The Olympics starts this week so we will have some sport to watch.

You will be wearing your trainers out with all that running Woody.

The Olympics starts this week so we will have some sport to watch.
    I'm sorry, I know you are an athletics fan but I turned off the Olympics years ago, no time for it at all. Worse than watching the Wolves!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)