+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Andy Scoffin

Andy Scoffin

As Shrop said on another thread (but worth a separate thread I think), sad to read of Andy’s passing yesterday. Despite having the odd spot of trouble with a few more esoteric names, he was a knowledgeable and entertaining PA who knew even more about the Alex than the music that he also loved. Sadly he will no longer be “Bringing on Back the Good Times” but I’m sure the cracking entertainment provided by the Alex over the past two seasons will have brought a smile to his face and much needed cheerfulness to him and his family.

Rest in Peace.

Yes he will definitely be missed. A true Alex supporter

Condolences to his family

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    As Shrop said on another thread (but worth a separate thread I think), sad to read of Andy’s passing yesterday. Despite having the odd spot of trouble with a few more esoteric names, he was a knowledgeable and entertaining PA who knew even more about the Alex than the music that he also loved. Sadly he will no longer be “Bringing on Back the Good Times” but I’m sure the cracking entertainment provided by the Alex over the past two seasons will have brought a smile to his face and much needed cheerfulness to him and his family.

Rest in Peace.
    As you rightly say Aston, worthy of a separate thread. Andy was the very essence of an Alex fan and I know struck up friendships with supporters from many other clubs, most notably Bradford and he never failed to mark the anniversary of the fire in the stand there and the tragic loss of life. Had much knowledge of all thing Alex and never abused his position as a club employee. Had many a conversation with him when I passed his house and he was out tending his garden. Great bloke, and I speak as one who had disagreements on various matters including politics and specifically Brexit. But his views never affected my opinion of him and I would like to think he felt the same. And over recent months we would both be listening to Ken Bruce's Popmaster at 10.30 Monday to Friday comparing scores on Facebook messenger. Irritatingly, when I recorded what I thought was a decent score he would always have got a higher score and quite often managing a "full house". As I say, a top bloke who's passing will be felt far and wide in the community

I was so glad to see on his Facebook page - though we saw how ill he looked in photo in wheelchair - that he was able to enjoy things to the end, with a little trip to Llandudno with Yvonne by car a couple of days before he died.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Condolences to his family
    Yes indeed, a very sad day and time for his family.

I remember Andy from the Crewe Works days and our banter we had at half time with some other Alex Fans. I know he even painted his house barge boards red and white. A true gentleman in every sense of the word. We will miss you my friend and God bless you and your family at this sad time.