+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TDB forum closed?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    The Friends Of Dundee FC Facebook page has to be the biggest load of ****e it's ever been my displeasure to read. Run by sycophants who tolerate no criticism of the club or players. I would be amazed if anyone gave up posting anywhere to post there and for that page to criticise any forum beggars belief.
    Couldn’t agree more, they are the type that expect you to hand over your cash and take any shyte the club can throw at you, and if you accept that they’ll throw some more

The Friends Of Dundee FC Facebook page has to be the biggest load of ****e it's ever been my displeasure to read. Run by sycophants who tolerate no criticism of the club or players. I would be amazed if anyone gave up posting anywhere to post there and for that page to criticise any forum beggars belief.
    I have no problems posting on the Friends of Dundee FC Facebook Page and the Friends of Dundee FC over 55’s Facebook Page.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I have no problems posting on the Friends of Dundee FC Facebook Page and the Friends of Dundee FC over 55’s Facebook Page.
    Why doesn't that surprise me?

Why doesn't that surprise me?
    What really annoys me about posting on some forums is that no one is allowed an opinion without some smart arse disputing it and picking holes in it.
    You would certainly fit the bill for membership of the Islay Community Noticeboard Facebook Group as it also has a number smart arses who like to dispute everything that other members post because they think that they are ‘know alls’.
    I on the other hand post facts.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    What really annoys me about posting on some forums is that no one is allowed an opinion without some smart arse disputing it and picking holes in it.
    You would certainly fit the bill for membership of the Islay Community Noticeboard Facebook Group as it also has a number smart arses who like to dispute everything that other members post because they think that they are ‘know alls’.
    I on the other hand post facts.
    Well, that's the irony meter broken. You post your opinion and declare it as fact, unfortunately for you 90% of the time your opinion's miles from the truth.

Is it a fact that your colleague who had MS, went for a walk and went on holiday should have stayed at home and never ventured out? Or is that your opinion based on talk from the steamie?

Is it a fact that only access / egress from the pipe dream Camperdown stadium was via the roundabout at Coupar Angus Road or was that our opinion based on the fact that when you looked at the kiddy on plans you just refused to see the main access / egress from and onto Kingsway?

Sometimes criticism of posts is justified IMO. Facts are often disputed. It is not a fact just because a particular source is quoted. That's been the trouble with covid. The scientists based their whole approach to treating this pandemic on the idea that they were dealing in facts not opinions based on statistics. They tried to win every point on the basis that they were quoting facts which could not be disputed. The population bought into this and now we have the nightmare scenario that has been predicted for so long by Rross.

I read today that the protocol for identifying the covid virus is suspect. That the test cannot differentiate between live virus that will be able the create illness and "dead" virus that cannot make you ill because your body has killed it. I don't know if this is a valid opinion but there are scientists who are willing to question the test.

It seems to me that having spent billions on a Trace and Test system the goal posts are being changed. Test and Trace may doing far more harm to our economy by making people isolate for 10 days regardless whether they have the virus or not. Boris was double jabbed has recovered from the virus and took a PCR test which showed he did not have the virus. This must be happening thousands of times throughout the country. By taking a daily lateral flow test his assumption was that he could carry on working. The same process is being tested by crucial workers in atomic power station and in electricity generation plants. It seems a good idea to me. Perhaps someone could explain why it isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Sometimes criticism of posts is justified IMO. Facts are often disputed. It is not a fact just because a particular source is quoted. That's been the trouble with covid. The scientists based their whole approach to treating this pandemic on the idea that they were dealing in facts not opinions based on statistics. They tried to win every point on the basis that they were quoting facts which could not be disputed. The population bought into this and now we have the nightmare scenario that has been predicted for so long by Rross.

I read today that the protocol for identifying the covid virus is suspect. That the test cannot differentiate between live virus that will be able the create illness and "dead" virus that cannot make you ill because your body has killed it. I don't know if this is a valid opinion but there are scientists who are willing to question the test.

It seems to me that having spent billions on a Trace and Test system the goal posts are being changed. Test and Trace may doing far more harm to our economy by making people isolate for 10 days regardless whether they have the virus or not. Boris was double jabbed has recovered from the virus and took a PCR test which showed he did not have the virus. This must be happening thousands of times throughout the country. By taking a daily lateral flow test his assumption was that he could carry on working. The same process is being tested by crucial workers in atomic power station and in electricity generation plants. It seems a good idea to me. Perhaps someone could explain why it isn't?
    it's not just that BCram i'd like to understand what the definition of key worker actually is.

I have my own businesses, if i have to isolate and can't work then i don't earn. That is key to me and to my family. I won't be alone in this and with very little government support it boils my piss that Boris thinks he can join a pilot scheme and go to work, if he can then so can I.

Well, that's the irony meter broken. You post your opinion and declare it as fact, unfortunately for you 90% of the time your opinion's miles from the truth.

Is it a fact that your colleague who had MS, went for a walk and went on holiday should have stayed at home and never ventured out? Or is that your opinion based on talk from the steamie?

Is it a fact that only access / egress from the pipe dream Camperdown stadium was via the roundabout at Coupar Angus Road or was that our opinion based on the fact that when you looked at the kiddy on plans you just refused to see the main access / egress from and onto Kingsway?
    If you are going to slag me off at least get your post correct.
    There is a big difference between ME and MS.
    I have seen the plans and it has been well documented that the rules for access roads directly onto dual carriageways have been changed by the Scottish Government since the access and departure road from the A90 Kingsway were constructed for the Kingsway West Retail Park in Dundee.
    If the Kingsway West Retail Park was now being built there would only be an access and departure Road onto Clepington Road which would cause traffic tailbacks.
    This is not an opinion it is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    it's not just that BCram i'd like to understand what the definition of key worker actually is.

I have my own businesses, if i have to isolate and can't work then i don't earn. That is key to me and to my family. I won't be alone in this and with very little government support it boils my piss that Boris thinks he can join a pilot scheme and go to work, if he can then so can I.
    I think that it is wrong that people who have had both Covid-19 vaccinations have to self isolate if they have come into contact for at least 15 minutes with someone who has tested positive for the Covid-19 virus. Unless the Covid-19 vaccinations are no use in stopping the spread of th Covid-19 virus and the U.K. Public have been hood winked by the politicians and health experts.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post

It is Test and Protect in Scotland and over two weeks ago NHS Scotland admitted that in some parts of country they could not keep up with demand resulting in them prioritising who they were contacting.
    How you can prioritise who you contact when everyone is running the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus through a lack of communication by the Test and Protect staff.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)