+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowery

Thought I had covered that in first sentence of my last post. No I was not questioning your honesty and truthfulness. Initially I found it so unreal I suspected it could have been a rumour. Hope that clears that point.

Personally feel Lowery and his associates are living in cuckoo land, but you have to have some sympathy. Must be so diffiicult deciding which one of Chelsea, Barcelona, City, Liverpool to join.

Good! Glad that's sorted.

I think DA is very wise to take the decision to leave out players that won't sign extensions to contracts as that is the life blood of the club. Of course some players see others leave doing just that and they will benefit from dictating which club to join and will no doubt get a big sign on fee as clubs don't have to pay a big transfer fee or even none at all as we have seen and its no accident that more players will take this route as time goes on unless the club makes a stand. Lowery is lucky to be able to train never mind not being played. Hopefully it will send out the clear message as DA puts it, nobody is bigger than the club and he won't have them dictating terms. Good on you Dave!

The fans are behind you every step of the way in this.

Talked to a few supporters at the Forest game regarding Lowery. The first group of 4 knew nothing about it and like me were shocked. Then a single supporter who also knew nothing, The next supporter the same, but his comment was "Who the hell does he think he is. Another Nick Powell" The last group of four knew all about it, and had some rather uncomplimentary comments about the player. Probably better not repeated.

Have to admit I was a little surprised by their decisions. They all agreed that the Chairman and DA had taken the correct action. They all also agreed our club should get rid of him as you cannot have any player dictating to their employers.

Nice to see you posting again Mike. Hope you are keeping well.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Talked to a few supporters at the Forest game regarding Lowery. The first group of 4 knew nothing about it and like me were shocked. Then a single supporter who also knew nothing, The next supporter the same, but his comment was "Who the hell does he think he is. Another Nick Powell" The last group of four knew all about it, and had some rather uncomplimentary comments about the player. Probably better not repeated.

Have to admit I was a little surprised by their decisions. They all agreed that the Chairman and DA had taken the correct action. They all also agreed our club should get rid of him as you cannot have any player dictating to their employers.

Nice to see you posting again Mike. Hope you are keeping well.
    Thanks mate...

Old age I think but having quite a few dizzy spells at the moment and due to have a heart scan shortly at Leighton when they can get around to it...

Its always a great time just before the season starts and think we will do quite well next time around as we have a great management team and board of Directors.

What was the big screen like in the corner where the clock used to be?

ATB everyone,

Mike

The big screen afraid most of the time it only showed the minutes played and when a goal was scored.

Not for me to advise on your health. Would not feel it is for me to tell you to give up the women, drinking or gambling. But maybe not all 3 at the same time. You take care.

I assume the screen will improve as time moves on. However, the script of the line ups is in red and therefore not well defined and thus occasionally difficult to read. Don't tell the sponsors but I couldn't read their names either.

Lowery's agent has stepped up the war by releasing whispers to online media. A total misrepresentation of the Alex Academy and its onward transfer system appears on 'Football Insider. Not sure how it is on right of reply but I would urge alex fans to bombard FI with social media countering their message.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Lowery's agent has stepped up the war by releasing whispers to online media. A total misrepresentation of the Alex Academy and its onward transfer system appears on 'Football Insider. Not sure how it is on right of reply but I would urge alex fans to bombard FI with social media countering their message.

I am hearing that Owen Dale has slapped in a transfer request unhappy that the club is blocking a move to the Championship, he says that the club have backtracked on their agreement that if a club met the release fee he could talk to them instead they have increased his release fee. Also he is very unhappy with his current deal as other players are coming into the club on far more money than him, major trouble ahead !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I am hearing that Owen Dale has slapped in a transfer request unhappy that the club is blocking a move to the Championship, he says that the club have backtracked on their agreement that if a club met the release fee he could talk to them instead they have increased his release fee. Also he is very unhappy with his current deal as other players are coming into the club on far more money than him, major trouble ahead !!!!
    Although most of us agree that players should not run down their contracts, to be fair to the players, by doing that it puts them in the driving seat and the club then have little choice but to accept the players choice of clubs and therefore allow the move irrespective of their valuation. Their valuation then is moot whether that be 300K or 500K etc. I suspect putting in a transfer request may have the same effect?

We then have to wonder what the point of contracts are if they can be manipulated. Arguably the more junior players sign two or three year contracts before they can become established in the team and then the high transfer fees can kick in bearing in mind the above. However if players develop as we know they can then what then is the point of them signing extensions like Lowery and Dale?

Then the academy can be in big trouble if they all decide to do this...I wonder whether DA will take the same view on Dale and leave him on the sidelines? How long has Dale got here?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast